PMs

This will be the section where you can enter squawks for the forum
FlyBall John

Re: PMs

Post by FlyBall John »

AndrewK wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:44 am
Wasn't it determined in an earlier thread that messages appear to stay in the Outbox until the recipient reads them?
I have one in my Outbox from 2013 that I never got a reply since I don't think the user is active anymore. I guess I can delete it now :D

My issue is that I am not getting any email notifications when there are new posts to threads I subscribe to or receive PMs. I checked my settings per one of the BB transition threads and it shows I should be getting notified but no such luck. It is possible other recipients aren't getting notified either and if they aren't regular users or aren't signed in when they visit the forum they probably don't know they have a new PM waiting for them.
I think this is the issue. I only have 7-8 messages out of an allowed 100 so I bet the message does not show as sent until it is read.

I also have struggled with getting notifications for message posts and PMs even while subscribed. Seems to be working now but I missed stuff for months in the past.

AndrewK
100+ Posts

Post by AndrewK »

AndrewK wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:44 am
My issue is that I am not getting any email notifications when there are new posts to threads I subscribe to or receive PMs. I checked my settings per one of the BB transition threads and it shows I should be getting notified but no such luck. It is possible other recipients aren't getting notified either and if they aren't regular users or aren't signed in when they visit the forum they probably don't know they have a new PM waiting for them.
I have to eat my words regarding the email notifications. I just looked and FlyBall John's last post to this thread did trigger a notification that landed in my email spam folder so if I were to look I probably have more hiding in there. Anyway, added it to my trusted senders list so should be good and the BB settings work.

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

Is anyone else having trouble with PMs? Remember to check your notifications when you log into the forum. If you see a private message notification but you did not receive an email, check your email settings to make sure it didn't go to your spam or junk folder. Also check that the email that you registered with is the one that you are using. You can check your forum email address by clicking the down arrow on your user name in the upper right, profile, edit profile, edit account settings.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

FlyBall John

Post by FlyBall John »

I’m guessing the guy I reached out to via PM is having issues...probably with overall notices too

FlyBall John

Post by FlyBall John »

Seems I’ve still got a message in the outbox

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

Please PM me with the name of the forum user that you sent the PM to. They probably haven't checked their notifications or PM inbox which is why your message is still sitting in your inbox. If you know their email, you can email them a message outside the forum. Otherwise, I can do it.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

FlyBall John

Post by FlyBall John »

andy wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:27 pm
Please PM me with the name of the forum user that you sent the PM to. They probably haven't checked their notifications or PM inbox which is why your message is still sitting in your inbox. If you know their email, you can email them a message outside the forum. Otherwise, I can do it.
PM sent

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

Testing post permissions.
Andy
1986 MX7-180