VOTE IS OPEN, plz vote your preference, if it matters to you

This will be the section where you can enter squawks for the forum

Would you like to reopen the forum to be READABLE (not post) to the PUBLIC as it was previously?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:08 am

Option 1: Re-open the forum to be readable for the public and registered users who didn’t log-in (I.e. require login only for posts and messaging)
94%
Option 2: allow only registered and logged in users to read and post. If you forget your password, you need to go through the password/reactivation process
6%

Total votes: 34

Christine
Site Admin

VOTE IS OPEN, plz vote your preference, if it matters to you

Post by Christine »

Dear Maulers,
The poll is open:

The old forum was open to read for EVERYONE, you had to be registered member and be logged in only to post or send and receive private messages
- advantage: everyone who is looking for information can access the vast knowledge and experiences shared in this forum without being part of it
- disadvantage: spammers can skim information more easily (ofcourse we always discourage anyone from disclosing personal information you don’t want to be out for public access on the internet)

Currently the upgraded forum is set to logged in members only being able to read and post.
- advantage: information stays more likely within the group of registered logged in members
- disadvantage: someone who is just looking for some Maule information cannot access the vast knowledge and experiences shared in this forum,
Members who don’t want to login all the time, can not access the information

What is your preference?
We will let you all decide, all you have to do is to vote (Voting closes Mon Jul 06, 2020 11am PDT)

Thank you
Christine
Christine
06WN '88 MX7-180 MaulePilots.org Founder
ck "at" maulepilots "dot" org

Christine
Site Admin

Re: VOTE IS OPEN, plz vote your preference, if it matters to you

Post by Christine »

Keep voting - but I see already a clear trend 😉
Christine

Christine
Site Admin

VOTE IS CLOSED

Post by Christine »

Hi Maulers,
Thanks for voting,
(There Are a few minutes left, but I have reopened the forum READ ONLY access to everyone. 34 of us voted, 32 voted in favor to open the forum back up as before and 2 against it.
Please be aware, even though we manually activate newly registered members, we don’t really know who they are.
Never disclose more information than you want the public to know. That is valid both for open forums or member only forums with a membership of 2000+ members.
We are going to prune the member database during the next weeks to eventually have only active members in the database.
So, please log in if you haven’t yet, request a new password if you can’t remember it, and please write down your username somewhere where you can find it :D .
Thank you all for your participation
Christine
Christine

compassheading

Post by compassheading »

please do not prune me :D :)
I am a regular reader, seldom post, seldom log in
LOVE the forum ...thank you for providing it...the best Maule education

Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

compassheading wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:58 am
please do not prune me :D :)
I am a regular reader, seldom post, seldom log in
LOVE the forum ...thank you for providing it...the best Maule education
Dear Compassheading....

Thank you for your nice feedback. You won’t be pruned away - you just logged in :D and we won’t prune valuable and even only semi active members away.

Pruning phases:
Phase 1: Never activated accounts (> 1 month) - they can always re-register and request activation
Phase 2: Activated accounts, older than 3 yrs, who never logged in after activation
Phase 3: Members who haven’t logged in in more than 5 years will receive first an email to get a chance to log in if they want to stay members and if they don’t Show any interest to be members anymore, they get pruned.

We have a lot of accounts of people who don’t have Maules anymore, or never got one. No reason to keep our database inflated with „members“ who are not utilizing our board anymore.
Christine