Skybeacon ADS-B

..now in a separate topic for all of us who needs to make a decision which ADS-B System to get. I will be moving ADS-B topics into this section. If I missed some please send me a link via email to the ADS-B topic to ‚CK at forums url‘
gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Christine, approval is pretty simple. Download the following FAA memo. A 337 yes, a signoff as a field approval from your local feds, no. Easy peasey.

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guida ... -03-02.pdf

Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

I am ordering one right now
Christine
06WN '88 MX7-180 MaulePilots.org Founder
ck "at" maulepilots "dot" org

Rezrider
100+ Posts

Post by Rezrider »

Would folks mind sharing the total costs? That could be helpful.
Thanks.
1980 M5-235
Four Corners

Dale Smith

Post by Dale Smith »

I did not have much interest in making my M-5 ADSB compliant. Unfortunately the strobe power pack for my left wing has decided that it wanted to quit, and the bulb it self is starting to turn black. looking at spending close to $1000 to replace the strobe on one wing has me seriously looking at the sky beacon and the Sky light that should be coming out soon as a replacement for the setup I currently have. that would take some of the sting out of the ADSB setup up.

I see that DAT installed the sky beacon on an M-4, has anyone else done an install on the drooped wing tip? Just want to make sure the Droop tip does not create any issues with the sky beacon.

Happy New year to Everyone!
No great story started with a good idea...

Kirk
100+ Posts

Post by Kirk »

I took a close look at my M5 with droop tips. Didn’t look like any issues would come up. Same strobe as yours. Only thing I can see is that the sync wire will need to be disconnected and the strobes will no longer flash in sync.

It is in the shop now for annual and will be getting the wing tip Skybeacon installed.

Kirk

Andy Young
100+ Posts

Post by Andy Young »

Went into the droop tip on my M-6 just fine.