Support maulepilots.org

Contributing to keep the forum alive
Njacko
100+ Posts

Post by Njacko »

Hi Christine,

With luck you received a paypal Transaction ID: 3K430983J18839600 sometime last month...

Many thanks to you and to all who contribute their time and knowledge here with such patience and good humour. For a new (crumbs, it's more than two years now...) Maule owner, this website is invaluable.

Jacko
MX-7-180 N280SA

st8cop166
100+ Posts

Post by st8cop166 »

Christine,

Just sent money via Paypal. There is no need for you to pay for this great forum out of your own pocket.

I also belong to supercub.org and shortwingpiper.org and both collect fees from those that use the forum. Both sites also just started a "tag" that goes with your forum name that changes depending on your level of support, ie, "Devotee", "Benefactor" and several others I can't remember. Those that don't pay for the site can still read the comments but can't contribute, respond, or add comments. I'm not sure that's what everyone wants for the forum and if my input isn't a good idea, that's okay. just a suggestion. Since I'm not an expert on anything "Maule" other than owning one, I don't comment much and do a lot of lurking (not the creepy kind). I do think it's important to contribute.

Anyway, just a suggestion for commentary or rock throwing.
Former Maule owner . . .twice
1960 PA18 N87314

LT4247
100+ Posts

Re: Support maulepilots.org

Post by LT4247 »

How much are the yearly expenses?
Christine wrote:......we like to keep the forum free and advertisement free. Costs (webhosting, domain name registration etc) still occur and right now I carry those expenses by myself.
J.R. Lane
GEORGIA
----------------------------
"I say all that big talk is worth doodly squat"!
- Granny Hawkins

Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Njacko wrote:Hi Christine,

With luck you received a paypal Transaction ID: 3K430983J18839600 sometime last month...

Many thanks to you and to all who contribute their time and knowledge here with such patience and good humour. For a new (crumbs, it's more than two years now...) Maule owner, this website is invaluable.

Jacko
Thank you very much for your contribution Jacko. I couldn't find the above transaction ID but another one from the UK - are you affiliated with jacksonrifles.com ?
Christine
06WN '88 MX7-180 MaulePilots.org Founder
ck "at" maulepilots "dot" org

Christine
Site Admin

Re: Support maulepilots.org

Post by Christine »

LT4247 wrote:How much are the yearly expenses?

Hi there, a rough answer as I have to do more detailed book keeping - at the moment the costs of hosting are @17$/month- 204$/yr
and the domain names 45$/year - total monetary costs approx 249$/year

I have been doing this since 2002, I think (I would have to look it up) -
so approx $3500. The first few years Jeremy has graciously supported the forum with carrying some of the expenses, especially during the years I was 'Mauleless' based & living in Hawaii and decided to keep the forum still going.

Plus the non-monetary time-expenses ofcourse: About 1hour/week activating new members, helping with password issues and dealing with the new members who didn't read the instructions while signing up and thus don't get activated :( and still don't read the instructions when they didn't get activated and send me emails why the heck they didn't get activated :oops: - finding their record and activating them if they haven't been deleted yet... :D

I thank all of you who donated and all of you who participate and make our forum what it is.
And I am thanking Andy to offer to help with the upgrade to a newer version of php. I am waiting till after tax time and annual as I have to have some days set aside in case something goes wrong (it always does) to make sure to minimize any down time of maulepilots.org and prevent any catastrophic disaster.

I am now in the process of figuring out whether it would make sense to make Maulepilots.org a non-profit organization.
Christine

LT4247
100+ Posts

Post by LT4247 »

Ok, thanks.
J.R. Lane
GEORGIA
----------------------------
"I say all that big talk is worth doodly squat"!
- Granny Hawkins

redneck

Support the Forum

Post by redneck »

Christine, many thanks for all the years of hard work and dedication. We'd be lost puppies without the site. My PayPal donation is on the way. Roger.
Roger
M5-180C

Christine
Site Admin

Re: Support the Forum

Post by Christine »

redneck wrote:Christine, many thanks for all the years of hard work and dedication. We'd be lost puppies without the site. My PayPal donation is on the way. Roger.
Oh, thank you so much, Roger. It reminds me to plan to use some of my days off to overhaul our board. The intention has been there for a while, the worries something happens and the time I need to dedicate for the transition and possible salvation in case of a mess up keep me from allocating the needed time.
Maybe after the beautiful flying days in the PNW vanish.....
To you and everyone else who donated dollar and contributions - thank you. This board wouldn't be anything without you.
Christine
Christine

snaproll

Post by snaproll »

Christine wrote:It reminds me to plan to use some of my days off to overhaul our board. The intention has been there for a while, the worries something happens and the time I need to dedicate for the transition and possible salvation in case of a mess up keep me from allocating the needed time.
I'm a pretty new member here but have supported more than one forum and non-profit website. I'm not a big fan of phpBB, but for the volume of posts here and given the learning curve of changing platforms I think the current board is adequate. Unless there are some limitations you'd like to overcome, I'd vote for you spending your free time flying and not doing an overhaul. Thanks for all you do.

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Suppofrting what I use

Post by Flyhound »

Christine - I made a small donation to add my support to something I enjoy - even if I don't log in regularly. Keep this group together!
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

Christine
Site Admin

Re: Suppofrting what I use

Post by Christine »

Flyhound wrote:Christine - I made a small donation to add my support to something I enjoy - even if I don't log in regularly. Keep this group together!
Thank you so much!!! Happy new year
Christine

Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

snaproll wrote: I'm a pretty new member here but have supported more than one forum and non-profit website. I'm not a big fan of phpBB, but for the volume of posts here and given the learning curve of changing platforms I think the current board is adequate. Unless there are some limitations you'd like to overcome, I'd vote for you spending your free time flying and not doing an overhaul. Thanks for all you do.
I much rather fly too. It won't be a visible overhaul it's an somewhat important update for security reasons, hopefully a few improvements. It will have to be done. I am not a huge fan of phpBB either but it serves our purpose.
Christine

tellicovillage
100+ Posts

2017 Challenge

Post by tellicovillage »

Just made my donation for 2017. Challenge other regulars here to do the same! We have great resources here that save us all money in ownership. We don't have time to make all the mistakes so it's great to benefit from those who have gone before! :D

brokenaero
100+ Posts

support for the forum

Post by brokenaero »

Christine,

Just sent my donation for 2017. I'll speak for many here, a deep felt gratitude is in order. This site, I have ashamedly taken for granted at times. Reminders such as this bring the work, time and money you've put in back in focus.

For that, I am personally, very grateful.

All the best, for all you do....

Gary
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; and that His justice cannot sleep forever.-- T. Jefferson

CaseyM
100+ Posts

Post by CaseyM »

Christine,

I just sent a donation via paypal.

Thank you for putting together and maintaining such an exceptional forum. It is hands down the cleanest and most informative forum that I use. Admittedly I've "stalked" the forum for nearly a year before joining, but with any luck, this coming weekend, I'll join the ranks of Maule owners. I hope to soon be able to contribute knowledge the forum instead of just taking away.

Best regards,

- Casey
N1042Z
97' MX7-180C