Aux. Tank Vents

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Aux. Tank Vents

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

I guess this would be best directed towards Jeremy but I would welcome any input from all.
'68 M-4 210C with Aux. tanks; The tank caps have the small 90 degree vent tube facing forward out of the top of the caps and play hell with the wing covers. There are also the vents built into the underside of the wing behind the strut, one for each tank. If these underwing vents are effective enough, can I replace the caps that that have the little vent tube with ones that are ventless? I seem to recall having seen both types of caps on various airplanes in the past.
Thanks,
Kurt

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Make sure your underwing vents are clear through to the tank, then you could use the modern caps that are vented. There are caps that look the same but not vented. There are caps not modified by Maule that also look the same. The modification is to the skirt which has to be turned or filed down, look out for filings getting into the valves. Or, buy from Maule.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

MikeW
100+ Posts

Post by MikeW »

Kurt,

I have a 73 M-4 and just bought two new caps from Maule. They are the regular looking caps and I just have the vents on the underside of the wing for both tanks as well. They were 25.00 bucks I think.

Mike