Maule parts....again.

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

Mr. Ed

Maule parts....again.

Post by Mr. Ed »

I called Maule parts department for some annual items. Now, I don't have a parts book so I try to give a very descriptive explanation of what I need. I needed a fuel selector valve, a control cable for the rudder servo tab (left side), the gaskets that fit into the aux tank transfer pump filter, some grommets for the 1/4" fuel vent lines that exit the bottom of the wing behind the wing strut and two of those new axle nuts that don't require cotter pins. Lengthy explanations were given as to exactly what parts were required as well as the year and model of the Maule.

So here's what I got: 1 fuel selector valve, 1 control cable for the servo tab (good so far), grommets that are for a 9/16" tube, rubber gaskets that don't come close to fitting the aux tank transfer pump filter (way too big), and two axle nuts that require cotter pins. That's a 60% failure rate for the parts department. I guess it could be worse, last time it was 100% failure.

SkyMaule
100+ Posts

Post by SkyMaule »

Mr ed,
Sorry for your bad experience. Mine has been 100% success every time. They have been very efficient and friendly.

Mark
1975 Maule M5-210C

Green Hornet
100+ Posts

Post by Green Hornet »

I have experienced both situations all good to less than half but I called Bryan Horn and he made it right. I know it is frustrating as all get out but a lot of General Aviation is like my flying :D . Some days perfect and others I wonder if I should get another hobby :roll:.

However the good days for me at least out way the bad if not in number at least in frame of mind. Mr Ed hang in there buddy you are not the lone ranger.

BTW they are not the only ones who have cost me time on an annual but if the weather is good then it makes the wait all that more aggravating.

I try to tell myself in dealing with Aviation it is like a wheeel landing
"Patience"
:wink:

FalySafe
Bill
1997-M7-235C, 540 I/O

WOC SPOT

Mr. Ed

parts

Post by Mr. Ed »

Wow, I got a very nice call from Brian this morning and he made everything right and the parts are on the way! The bird should be back in the air by Monday..........if the weather cooperates.

Green Hornet
100+ Posts

Post by Green Hornet »

Yea man :D Brian is a super guy and always there for the customer. One of these days I hope to meet him in person so I can buy him a beer or 2 or 3.
Glad to hear you are back on track Mr ED!
Bill :D
1997-M7-235C, 540 I/O

WOC SPOT

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Re: parts

Post by a64pilot »

Mr. Ed wrote:Wow, I got a very nice call from Brian this morning and he made everything right and the parts are on the way!
It almost always ends up that way. I know they should get it right the first time, but look at it this way, you have a name and a person that remembers your order. Try that at Cessna or Beechcraft.