M4 headliner fit in a MX7-160?

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

WhiteDog

M4 headliner fit in a MX7-160?

Post by WhiteDog »

Hello All,

Does anyone know if the headliner for an M4 or an M5 will fit in an MX7? Or does anyone know where to get a pattern for the headliner in an 1994 MX7-160. Maule sells one for $1,200.00 but you can get one for the M4 or 5 for around $365.00 from Aircraft Spruce. Thank you! Dan

montana maule
100+ Posts

Re: M4 headliner fit in a MX7-160?

Post by montana maule »

The M5 and MX7 are the same fuselage. The only difference I see in the headliner is a provision in the MX7 for the gear sprocket on the flap torque tube. The headliner bow at that point has a downward bend so the fabric doesn't interfere with the sprocket movement.

Kirk
100+ Posts

Re: M4 headliner fit in a MX7-160?

Post by Kirk »

montana maule wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:16 am

The M5 and MX7 are the same fuselage. The only difference I see in the headliner is a provision in the MX7 for the gear sprocket on the flap torque tube. The headliner bow at that point has a downward bend so the fabric doesn't interfere with the sprocket movement.
Just found out at my last annual that the fuselage on my M5 is actually an MX7 with the cable flap fittings welded in instead of torque tube. The airplane went through an extensive refurb in 2002 with new fuselage, horizontal stabs and elevators from Maule. All covered in Ceconite and silvered. The tell in this case was an elevator stop tab for the control column is slightly different.

There may be some slight fitting differences, but the overall dimensions are the same. Wish the torque tube fittings were there, though I am quite happy with the short wing for my use.

Kirk