M5 235 prop

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

yanknbank

M5 235 prop

Post by yanknbank »

For those of you running various 84-86" props on your 235 maules, did you have to field approve those? Or does someone sell an stc for the older macs for those lengths?

If it was a field approval, could you help with providing the maintenance data and 337?

Dale Smith

Re: M5 235 prop

Post by Dale Smith »

I am running the 86" Mac. It is in the REL with the exception it references being on floats. Jermey actually has the STC for that prop. It does require larger than 8.50 tires for clearance. He is great to work with. If you are interested give him a call.
No great story started with a good idea...

yanknbank

Post by yanknbank »

I must not be paying close enough attention. I don't remember seeing the name Jeremy on any posts. What business is he a part of? Id be happy to give him a call.

Thank you for the Intel. I didn't see the 86" in the tcds or the equipment list. My equipment list is dated 03, but 81" is as long a it gets, no reference to floats that I can see.

Dale Smith

Post by Dale Smith »

The most current REL that I have is From 2019, not sure if there might be one that is newer than that. PM me your email and I will send it over to you.

Jeremy Ainsworth. Maules.com
He is for a bettet lack of terms the father of the is site I believe... someone might correct me on that...

He can also order you a prop if you were looking to go the New route.
No great story started with a good idea...