Where did you install your Hooker Harnesses?

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

tk68

Where did you install your Hooker Harnesses?

Post by tk68 »

The lap belt attachment hardware on the Hooker Harnesses doesn't seem completely compatible with the points where the factory belts were mounted. How did you attach it? And the only attachment point I see for the shoulder harnesses is a cross brace way back over the back seats. Does anyone have ideas on a clean and safe way to attach those shoulder belts?

yanknbank

Re: Where did you install your Hooker Harnesses?

Post by yanknbank »

The factory lap belt attach points were bent to make it around the seat frame. I couldn't bend my hooker, it was too thick, so I used the bent pieces from the factory, and kept everything else hooker. Works fine, but I wish I could use as intended.

The shoulder harness mount point can be in one of two places. The maule drawing specified it can either be bolted to a fitting that's welded to the frame in the headliner, just above the front of the rear windows, or an alternate location is to weld the fitting into the forward upper corner of the rear window frames. I pulled the headliner back a bit and got them welded to the frame. I used wet rags and heat shielding to keep important parts from getting hot around the work.

It might be easier if you don't have the fittings already there to buy the 4 point harness bolt on kit from maule, but I didn't really have a hard time with getting them welded on. I had the rear seat twin belt attach fitting welded to the floor at the same time.

tk68

Post by tk68 »

Thank you very much for the information, I appreciate it!

yanknbank

Post by yanknbank »

If you're ready to commit, email me and I'll send you the maule drawing and some pics.

flyboyjake@hotmail.com

Speerman

Post by Speerman »

Hi guys, I have a quick follow up question. I have a 1976 M5 210C that I’d like to install shoulder harnesses for the front seats only. Does anyone know if Hooker has harnesses that simply wrap around an upper tube and bolt on? With an inertial reel? Thanks for any help.

Kirk
100+ Posts

Post by Kirk »

http://www.maulepilots.org/Hangartalk/s ... mit=Search

A lot of good points can be found in Search of past discussions.

Kirk

Speerman

Post by Speerman »

Thanks very much for that. Really appreciate it.