M-4 Rebuild Project - Backseats

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

THEAirplanegirl

M-4 Rebuild Project - Backseats

Post by THEAirplanegirl »

Hi Y’all!

Would any other M-4 owners (or other Maule owners with similar back frame) be willing to send me a couple pictures of your back seat set up!

I decided to upgrade all of my interior seating and will be shipping it out to Oregon Aero here soon! I am pretty sure all of my interior is original to my #56 M-4.

Right now the back seat consists of a canvas piece with a sewn on cushion that slips through the upper support bar and then drapes down to become the “bottom” portion. The other piece is a solid cushion that goes in front of the draping canvas to become the “back” portion.

I have been working with a gentleman from Oregon Aero through email. I would like to send him photos of some updated M-4 upholstery that might have a better way of doing it since the canvas portion with the sewn on cushion will have to be reinvented by them!

Any help or recommendations with this would be very helpful!

Thanks,

Thea

Thea
M-4 N4713T

Dkuber

Re: M-4 Rebuild Project - Backseats

Post by Dkuber »

Sorry, no back frame. But maybe you can get some ideas. Mine has the free standing seat (aka couch when camping). It has two pins to pull it out and storage underneath. In summer - life jackets and headsets live in the bottom. In winter puffy blankets or sleeping bags. 1974-m4-220