Aux transfer pumps

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

Kirk
100+ Posts

Aux transfer pumps

Post by Kirk »

Time to overhaul or replace the aux tank transfer pumps on my M5. Haven’t found any sources for overhaul, including my favorite, Airparts of Lock Haven.

A/C Spruce sells the matching part number 480545 with an alternate part number of40131E. However, they are listed as not FAA approved and have markings on the pump, “not for aircraft use”. Doing this on annual and doubt my IA will go for that. I have an email out to Maule but haven’t received a reply yet.

Kirk

norcal64d
100+ Posts

Re: Aux transfer pumps

Post by norcal64d »

Not that I can help with the answer to the question, but I would call Maule parts, it can sometimes take awhile to get an email back. If you get Kasey on the phone she can help you right away.
Tim
1991 MX-7-180

Kirk
100+ Posts

Post by Kirk »

Got a fast response via email from Kasey and fixed things up quickly by phone. Great response.

Kirk

Andy Young
100+ Posts

Post by Andy Young »

And what was the solution? Do they have some that are NOT marked “Not for Aircraft Use”?

Kirk
100+ Posts

Post by Kirk »

Andy, yes that is my understanding.

Kirk

montana maule
100+ Posts

Post by montana maule »

Years ago I installed aux tanks with a kit from the factory. On the Facet pumps in the kit were labels stating "for automotive use only". I suppose it is a way for Facet to limit liability.

krautman67

Post by krautman67 »

Hey Kirk,

I kept an eye out for you at Sun N Fun this year:)

I got two new aux tank pumps installed at Maule Flight in 2008 for our M5. It was part # 1184-00-3. I can’t make out the price on the old invoice, about $200 each if I recall.

Carl
1976 M5-235C

Kirk
100+ Posts

Post by Kirk »

Update. Received both pumps from Maule at $225 each. They came without the “automotive only” stickers and have a Maule Air inc sticker with part number. Same as the old pumps, which I believe were original to 1977 manufacture.

Great experience dealing with Maule Air, Kasey in parts department. 1 pump was in stock,shipped next day. The other not in stock and shipped within 3 days.

Kirk