Wheel bearing info needed

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

AutoPilotof4

Wheel bearing info needed

Post by AutoPilotof4 »

Hello all,

We are replacing the wheel bearings and races on my MX7-160 that have stock 600-6 Cleveland wheels. I called Aircraft Spruce who have the Timken bearings in stock but they don’t know which races are needed for these wheels. I called both Cleveland and Maule with no luck. Does anyone know the original inner and outer race part numbers or Timken part numbers?

Thank you,

Marlin

asa
100+ Posts

Re: Wheel bearing info needed

Post by asa »

Airframes Alaska is very knowledgeable about Cleveland wheel assemblies and offer all replacement parts. This page has a diagram and they sell everything you need. Look at items 13 and 14.

https://www.airframesalaska.com/40-75-D ... -75drp.htm

Allparg

Post by Allparg »

I was a bit shocked when i cleaned and packed my wheel bearings in my abi wheels…. No name brand or pn, just CHINA embossed… :x

Andy Young
100+ Posts

Post by Andy Young »

China manufactures some real garbage. They also make some very high quality products. The same is true of most countries. Thus far, I haven’t seen any issues with the ABI bearings. I can’t speak to why they choose to not put a manufacturer name on them, but I have been using them myself for some years now, as have several of my customers, and we’ve had no problems.

AutoPilotof4

Post by AutoPilotof4 »

Thanks to all who answered online and in person. We ended up using the same bearings as original. I haven’t flown it yet but I should by next month.

Marlin