Mods needed to reinforce for float kit

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

DChuck

Mods needed to reinforce for float kit

Post by DChuck »

I have a 1984 mx7 235 n5667t. I have an opportunity to purchase a set of Bauman 2750 amphib floats rigged for maule. I have read that there is extra reinforcements that need to be done but can’t determine if that applies to my model. Can anyone give me some direction.

cberonio

Re: Mods needed to reinforce for float kit

Post by cberonio »

I have a 1987 Mx7-235 on EDO 2500’s from the factory. I have all the manuals so pm me your phone if you wann chat. I am new to this plane, but have a few resources for good info.

flyusn99
100+ Posts

Post by flyusn99 »

I think what you're referring to is the triangular gussets on the inside of the airframe on both sides of the rear seat (they are behind the interior paneling). I believe most aircraft came from the factory but some did not. I could be wrong though.
The best thing to do is look up reinforcement plate 9009X installation per drawing 9001F SHT2 REV H or later. That calls out MX-7-235 serial number 10001C-10005C as needing the plate. If your plane isn't in that serial number range I'd say you're probably good but I'm not a mechanic, I just stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.....
Baumanns are good floats from what I've heard, I run Aqua 2400's personally so I don't have any first hand knowledge of the Baumanns. Good luck, I hope you're work is already done for you with regards to the reinforcement plate..

James

DChuck

Post by DChuck »

Thanks For the help James.

Flybrian1950
100+ Posts

Post by Flybrian1950 »

D Chuck
Call Maule engineering and have them look up your build sheet. They can tell you if your bird has the factory float reinforcements installed.
SN 8020C, The first M6-180 land plane.