Fuel pressure problems

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

Allparg

Fuel pressure problems

Post by Allparg »

Can anyone direct me to where the drain line coming from the fp gauge terminates. Having fuel pressure issues and i need to track it down.. Heading back out to airport tomorrow and it would save me alot of time... its a b4b5...
Thx
Ap

Allparg

Re: Fuel pressure problems

Post by Allparg »

Guess i should be more specific.... After a recent flight during climb phase...Looked over and saw fuel pressure like 1 psi or less... switched on electric fp @nd continued flight home.. subsequent test flight showed normal pressure of about 6psi although very jittery (very steady before and steady with electric pump on)and on shut down fuel pressure on gauge remains and takes a long time to bleed down. Initial mechanical fuel pump inspection reveals no leaks(mirror and flashlight). Will pull cowl tomorrow?
Thx
Ap

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Maybe there was dirt in fuel which got into the valves in mech fuel pump and boost pump use pushed it clear.
There is a mech fuel pump overflow 1'8" pipe coming from the pump around a single coil and over to gascolater housing from where it should exit the cowl along with boost pump overflow and fuel pressure gauge bypass drain at the access hole for gascolater flushing drain.
Check gascolater screen.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

Allparg

Post by Allparg »

Thx jeremy,,,
I thought about the vent line location right after i posted.... took everything apart yesterday, everything clean... I haven’t taken it for a flight since i had it apart. Work calls, so i wont have time for a couple days...
Hope things are well for you...

Ap

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

May not be related to low pressure issue but if gauge is slow to return to zero after shutdown probably need to blow out the tiny line that goes to the gauge.