New interior questions

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

ecwashburn85

New interior questions

Post by ecwashburn85 »

Doing a full rebuild on a 1977 Maule M5-235C and trying to recreate a modern factory interior. We already have a new panel powder coated in the Lowes Gray. Any idea where they get the interior vinyl and carpet from? We're looking to buy the same materials for our project. Thanks for any insight.

Hale-Yes
100+ Posts

Re: New interior questions

Post by Hale-Yes »

The headliner and fabric, vinyl, and carpet are all available from Maule buy the yard. It's about the same price as other aircraft rated fabric, & vinyl that you will find on line. Kasey at Maule parts can help you. I took my old panels to a local upholstery shop and had them copy the design with the new material. As we stripped each one, I made new panels from Kydex, using the old aluminum panels as a pattern. It saved a few pounds. It was not that expensive to do (in aircraft dollars) and looks factory made.
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living" Author unknown.

Rezrider
100+ Posts

Post by Rezrider »

I ditched the carpet and went for Loncoin rubber glue down material. So much easier to keep clean.
1980 M5-235
Four Corners

Hale-Yes
100+ Posts

Post by Hale-Yes »

Yep, I used the same Vinyl on the floor. I just glued it down to the Carbon Fiber Nomex honeycomb floorboards. The MT's are heavy from nose gear weight and the spring gear and the extra 1 hundred pounds from the IO 540, so I am being real careful about what I do in my overhaul, not that she will ever be a light weight.
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living" Author unknown.

ecwashburn85

Post by ecwashburn85 »

Thank you guys. These are all great suggestions I'll follow up on.