Dynon Avionics

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

johnmo61

Dynon Avionics

Post by johnmo61 »

Has anyone installed or had a Dynon Skyview 10 inch and 7 inch display installed?

I'm looking for information and pics on where and how the boxes were mounted. The boxes like the EMS, Battery backup , Transponder, Airinc interface module etc.

If an Avionics shop did it, then maybe there info .

Send information to jmorelli52@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Zoller

Re: Dynon Avionics

Post by Zoller »

Hello John,
sorry I did not read here for quite a while.
My Mx7 is still grounded in France but the avionics works is finally finished and she's ready to go whenever I manage to get a hold of a DAR.
I put together some pics from the build process. Most of the components are mounted behind what was the center panel avionics stack before. The empty space will be filed with an Ipad mini, that uses the same charts as the Dynon.
The shop completely rebuilt the upper panel. I wanted to keep some essential steam gages and I wanted everything as symmetrical as possible. The shop guys are Garmin folks and this was their first Dynon job. They did it very well and I'm really happy with the outcome. That glove box is a piece of art and craftsmanship. 8)

regards
------------------------------------------------------
"...We're out of beer, Victor!!..."