Elevator trim cables M4/M5

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

johnmo61

Elevator trim cables M4/M5

Post by johnmo61 »

Does anyone have any pictures of the routing of the elevator trim cables behind the baggage area?

I'm specifically looking at how high the cable runs above the chafe strip that's is held on with two clamps. This is about 12 inches aft of the string of pulleys right behind the baggage door.

I'm also looking for pics of where the elevator trim cables come out of the bowden housing sleeves. These sleeves are clamped in the tail behind the elevator inspection cover.

Thanks in advance.

John

MauleWacko
100+ Posts

Re: Elevator trim cables M4/M5

Post by MauleWacko »

:shock:
Last edited by MauleWacko on Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

johnmo61

Post by johnmo61 »

Have all drawings, just curious on distance from tube and cable which drawings don't show. On m5 drawings it allows you to add turnbuckles just aft of pulleys for ease of future elevator removal. I'm trying to figure out how much I need to stagger the turnbuckles.

Andy Young
100+ Posts

Post by Andy Young »

I probably have some good pictures from an M-6. Not sure if that helps; let me know.

johnmo61

Post by johnmo61 »

Hi Andy,

Yes, I would I'd like to see them.

Thanks

Andy Young
100+ Posts

Post by Andy Young »

Hi John,

I’ve looked through the pictures that I have of that area, and unfortunately, I don’t think they will help for your specific need. In particular, the one that shows the chafe strip was taken after the cables were already slacked, so no clearance info available. I remember the cable running quite close to it, however. Both areas you as about are still apart on mine, and will be for at least another few weeks.

I’ll attach the photos I have anyway, just in case you can make some use of them. If you don’t find what you need, post up again in a few weeks; if I have mine back together, I’ll take some new photos, specifically focused on your needs.

Andy