Brake torque arms for Dbl piston brakes?

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

Hale-Yes
100+ Posts

Brake torque arms for Dbl piston brakes?

Post by Hale-Yes »

Question, I am assuming that you need to change the torque arms on the 7 series Maules when you change from single-piston brakes to dual-piston brakes? Does anyone have the part numbers for the torque arms for dual piston set up? I can't find any information on my Maule parts CD for the wheels or brakes, and reading Cleveland's application guide makes my head hurt. Thanks
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living" Author unknown.

Andy Young
100+ Posts

Re: Brake torque arms for Dbl piston brakes?

Post by Andy Young »

Try looking at drawing 4035F. Calls out 30-52N brake sets, which in turn call out the 75-13600 torque plate. At least that’s what’s on my M-6; I believe M-7 is the same.

Hale-Yes
100+ Posts

Re: Brake torque arms for Dbl piston brakes?

Post by Hale-Yes »

Andy, I wish Maule would sell a complete library of all there drawings. I would sure buy one. Drawing 4035Fis not included on my MT 7 CD. I did find that same torque arm number in the Cleveland reference guide for the 30-52N brake assembly. But I was not sure that was it, because I found a note on Maule drawing 4117E referencing double piston brake assembly 30-52K and that lists torque arm 075-05401. It's enough to make your eyes blurry. Thanks again andy
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living" Author unknown.