Fixed pitch spinner parts

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

VA Maule
100+ Posts

Post by VA Maule »

When I got back from Oshkosh week before last and was debugging, wiping the rain streaks and crud off the plane I found in HORROR a crack in the spinner and instantly remembered that these are no longer supported by Sensenich and currently unavailable to Maule. DAMN what's a fella to do? Well the FAR's allow owner produced parts in a situation like this but couldn't find anything suitable in the catalogs to start with. So got in touch with a very helpful lady at Sensenich(after much other searching) who reluctantly gave me the contact info for the OEM subcontractor that produced the spinners and bulkheads for them. I asked him if he still had the molds and if he would be a nice guy and make me one, he said I'll do you one better "I'ave still got some on the shelf " . Needless to say I bought 2 spinner domes, 2 rear bulkheads & the only forward bulkhead he had. They arrived yesterday and fit just like they were made for it.

I asked this extremely nice guy if he would be interested in producing some more of these unobtainable items? He advised that he would not be able to produce these on an as needed baseless BUT would be glad to make a production run for MAULE if they would be interested.

I shared this with Mis.Kasey Benton ( a really nice gal) of Maule Aircraft parts Department along with his contract info, she said would gladly pass this along to the powers that be and will keep her fingers crossed in hopes that they work out a deal, because she said she gets a request for a spinner part about once a month or more and just hates telling folks she can't get them.
The best Government, is less Government.

Chris in Milwaukee
100+ Posts

Post by Chris in Milwaukee »

That’s great to know! I just had my spinner backplate repaired this annual. Thankfully it was repairable.
Christopher Owens
1993 MX-7-180A
Members: AOPA EAA VAA

Kirk
100+ Posts

Post by Kirk »

There is a Sensenich chrome spinner with plates on eBay right now.

Not sure if it is one of our members selling. Up in Washington.

Kirk

tellicovillage
100+ Posts

Prop and Spinner

Post by tellicovillage »

I also have a serviceable prop (114 since OH), spinner and plates left over from my MXT-7-180 to MXT-7-180 conversion. Contact me for more info!

mx180a

Post by mx180a »

Fixed Pitch Spinner bulk heads for the 180/160 hp are now available at Maule Flight....get them while they last
http://www.mauleflight.com/