IO 360 Running rough

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

I think someone posted to have your injectors "ultra sonic" cleaned. This is a must on all injectors.
Let me know when your are ready to go visit the mines.

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

I will do that David, Right now I am swamped with getting ready to head to New York on Wed and gettin all my work done and looking for a new van since mine was wrecked last week. Be gone for two weeks to Rhinebeck NY. Will check both sites on my wifes Laptop though just so's I don't miss anything.... :lol:
Iceman

belandd
100+ Posts

Runs rough

Post by belandd »

Check your injectors for fuel stains. If you have fuel stains around the injector it means the injector is partially plugged.
The injector need to be able to pull air in around the shield to mix with the fuel, if the screen gets plugged then the injector can not atomize the fuel effectively. It then leaks fuel out from under the shield.
This partial plugging shows up as roughness at low power settings.

Try to read the number stamped on the base of your injector. I suspect it should be a 10J. I found that all of my injectors had the same number.
Silly Billy Charters and Tours
Valdez, AK.

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

In the even you don't a cleaner. MEK or Hoppe's #9 are great for cleaning too. The biggest problem is that if you use a shamy to filter out water, the littlest fibers from that will pass through the gascolator and plug your injectors.
Injector cleaning should be annual or 100 hour tasks depending on how much you fly.