Service Bullentin 29

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

W.A.T.

Service Bullentin 29

Post by W.A.T. »

Seems a few of you were wondering about Service Bulletin 29.

It pertains to the Fuel Vent Check valves on all piston engine planes produced after 3/1994.

It is in process of being revised... I hope.

Initially it would have had everyone remove the check valves located inside the wing behind each forward strut. Then relocate them to another location and add 2 more check valves.

As soon as I found out about this change I had to get involved. Seems that the drawing was unclear in the details so FAA was going to require this change. I talked with FAA and had Maule revise the drawing. Problem solved... mostly.

Everyone still needs to know to inspect the check valves and be sure they are working. Bugs just love to nest in the little open hole. You may not know it is blocked by just looking.

I recommend taking a small hose/tubing placing over the vent hole and blowing with you mouth. If working correctly you should be able to easily blow thru the hose but not be able to suck any air out.

For the guys up north, there is a small chance the water/condensation could develop in the check valve and form ice. Keep the little hose with you and check the valve operation before takeoff.

Got to get back to the job that pays the bills...Hope this helps keep you guy's safe.

"No charge for saving your life"

David
Last edited by W.A.T. on Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wright Aircraft Technology, LLC
151 D W Wright Road
Moultrie, GA 31788

Telephone: (229) 324-3163

beaver

Post by beaver »

Thank You !!!

you guys are the best :D :D :D

I for one love my Maule

Green Hornet
100+ Posts

Post by Green Hornet »

I received this from Charles today.

Bill,

Thanks for the input on the SB #’s not on the website. I informed the Web guy and he’s going to add them. #29 pertains to certain production aircraft fuel systems that were manufactured a couple of years ago. Look on the website in a couple of days to get a copy. Probably why you didn’t receive a copy via mail, is that it likely doesn’t effect your aircraft.

Charles Dermyre

QC Manager

DARF142071CE
1997-M7-235C, 540 I/O

WOC SPOT

txmaule

Post by txmaule »

david,
Thanks from all of us. I sure was curious about the missing #29 also.

skip