need rear door panel

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

UP-M5
100+ Posts

need rear door panel

Post by UP-M5 »

help guys,

i have lost my rear passenger door inner panel during my rebuild. i think i know where it went- but its long gone now. does anyone have an old one after redoing the interior, or do you know someone who has converted the rear door to patroller style? or do you have an old fuselage out back????
i didn't think this would be a problem, but i am getting desperate after many dead ends. the interior is red.

i could just convert my rear door to patroller, but my dog rides back there, and i'm afraid she wouldn't like that :shock:

help!
M5-235

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Maybe your dog chewed it up as a hint that it would like a plexiglass window. If I had one, I'd send it. They are pretty simple, just cut a piece of aluminium to fit the frame, cover with a thin piece of foam and wrap with cloth or vynyl glued on the inside.
Maule would supply the clips but you can use plastic press studs from the autoparts store.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

UP-M5
100+ Posts

Post by UP-M5 »

:lol: maybe that's what happened to it!
M5-235

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

You can always do the patroller door mod and if you don't like it or are going to be carrying squeamish pax snap the interior panel back in place. I have panels that snap in to cover the bottom windows of the patroller doors for that purpose.

aero101
100+ Posts

Door Panel

Post by aero101 »

I have set of panels off of an M4 including the complete rear door... I assume you're talking the aft rear door? The bottom is red and top 1/4 is white / creamish color... Compared with an M5 appears to be the same sized door? I also have the panel on the forward rear door which is solid red. Which one you looking for? Make me an offer and consider the shipping from Ak...
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

UP-M5
100+ Posts

Post by UP-M5 »

its the "middle" door on the right side. the one with a window in it.
shipping shouldn't be too bad, considering i'm in talkeetna :D
M5-235

210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

I tried, Turbo Maule #1 had the red interior removed and replaced. It's gone now sorry.

UP-M5
100+ Posts

Post by UP-M5 »

david,

is yours the very 1st turbo model?? or is this another that you know of??
M5-235

210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

Mine is the last one #10. #1 is owned by a friend and I thought he may have saved the red interior he recently replaced. Unfortunately, it was not saved.
Thinking about your dog...Could you do a patroller door with a strong velcro attached cover (removeable).

UP-M5
100+ Posts

Post by UP-M5 »

door panel no longer needed.

thanks aero101 and maulepilots forum :D

the 30 year old red even matches perfectly :lol:
M5-235