Refabric and paint source near North Carolina

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

Don't forget to contact Maule Mods. Although they are on the pacific coast the work they do is the best you will find for the buck.
www.maulemods.com
I would fly across the US twice to get there quality of work.

aero101
100+ Posts

Maule recover

Post by aero101 »

We do cover with the medium material- one pc belly, top centerline with lap under belly. I agree on envelopes, they generally don't fit and you can do a better job yourself. We use 1/4" marine grade plywood for floors, it's light, strong, and cheaper by far then the composite materials. Highly recommend the metal stringers all the way around. In the weather up here, either Stits or Ceconite is the only way to go for long lasting cover. If you apply paints, fillers, etc correctly, it should be good for 30yrs if you maintain it!!!
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

aussieaviator

Post by aussieaviator »

andy wrote:Thanks, everyone. Based on collective wisdom, it looks like I should avoid the pre-sewn sock and stay away from polyurethane paint.

Andy
We have used polyurethane paint with great results. We used it on a Pitts some years ago and have had no problems but to be fair we had the paint mixed with some extra plasticiser. No signs of cracking on the fabric so far. Also, if you read the Seconite manual polyurethane paint is specified as being suitable.

Brian
One cannot consent to creep when one has the impulse to soar