Goodyear 26 tires

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

StuporRocket
100+ Posts

Post by StuporRocket »

Jim,
Would you mind sharing that 337 one more time? I'd like to go a little taller on my M-7.

Thanks much!
Scott@Oglesby.org

"Don't follow me. You won't make it."
PA-12-150
M-7-235

Mog
100+ Posts

Post by Mog »

Anybody have good pics of the 26" goodyears on a Maule. My 8.5's are on their way out and I'm still finding it hard to pony up for ABW.

bobguhr
100+ Posts

Post by bobguhr »

I also have a 337 for the Goodyear 26" blimp tires on my M6. Send me an email address and I'll scan and forward a copy

bobguhr
100+ Posts

Post by bobguhr »

A few pictures of my M6 with 26" Goodyears and HD extended gear. Image

[/img]ImageImage

ImageImage[/img]

Dale Smith

Post by Dale Smith »

hey guys,

I am in the middle of a 4" extended gear and wheel and break swap right now. I would like to run the 26" good year tires being I am still on pavement a lot. Has anybody done a field approval recently? Would any of you that have done it, be willing to share the paper work with me?

Thanks
No great story started with a good idea...

firstmaule4

I have a resent 337

Post by firstmaule4 »

I can email you a copy for a m7 that was done last year pm your email and beginning next week I will be around logs to get that copied

rw2

Post by rw2 »

I'm having a hard time finding someone who has an *approved* 337 for this on an M7.

Does anyone have one I can use as an example?

Dale Smith

Post by Dale Smith »

There were some other people here on the site that shared there approvals with me a few months ago and I am in the middle of that battle with the local FSDO. Everyone that I reached out to was great and was more than willing to help. The battle that I am fighting right now is that no one in the FAA is willing to put there signature on anything anymore. My IA submitted the paperwork with 4 examples of previous approvals. They came back and said I think you will need to install bigger brakes... that was fallowed with a reply that said to look over the paperwork again to see the Paper work included showing the 337 for the installed larger brakes from ABI that is an STC. The FAA responded that they were going to send it to engineering.... we replyed back with a copy of the page in the M-5 parts manual that calls out the ABI 26, 29, and 31 inch bush wheels as part numbers and I confirmed with maule that means they are part of the type certificate. We were then asked to send the paper work to the FSDO again because they lost part of the paper work. That was almost 4weeks ago. We are going to try and fallow up again this week. The Inspector from The FSDO was having a hard time understanding that everything Is approved via STC or the maule TC. The only thing that needs to be approved is the tires themselves..... Once I hear the next set of obstacles that I need to jump through I will let you all know.

Thank you to everyone that was willing to help me out by sharing the paperwork!!!

rw2

Post by rw2 »

Can you share the approvals with me also? Right now I have nothing to show the FAA.

montana maule
100+ Posts

Post by montana maule »

This is the bureaucracy at it's best. If you had your airplane here in Montana my FSDO is more than happy to sign them off. In a few months I hope to have my IA. Come for a visit and leave with new tires.

Mog
100+ Posts

Post by Mog »

Funny enough, I just got a prop approved on my M4 in about 1 week here in Dallas,TX. Curious how some big city FSDO’s act vs others. That said, my IA is fairly well known and respected by the local FSDO. Maybe that’s the answer.

Dale Smith

Post by Dale Smith »

Montana maule- if it gets to that point I will be glad to come see you and deal with people that have more than just air between there ears.

Mog- I would think that's how things are supposed to be. If you provide them with info they need It should be easy to get them to sign off on it.

The IA I am working with has told me this guy that we are dealing with has a reputation of saying no to everything. That is his standard answer apparently. Doesn't seem right to me!

Dale Smith

Post by Dale Smith »

So Friday I finally got the signed field approval from the FAA. It took months to get it. from talking to local mechanics I am hearing the guy at out local FSDO does not want to put his name on anything! His standard answer is to send it to engineering and have them say it is alright first. should have been something that was easy, then again I should not include easy in the same statement with government.

RW2 send me a PM with you email and I will send you a copy.

rw2

Post by rw2 »

Dale Smith wrote:So Friday I finally got the signed field approval from the FAA. It took months to get it. from talking to local mechanics I am hearing the guy at out local FSDO does not want to put his name on anything! His standard answer is to send it to engineering and have them say it is alright first. should have been something that was easy, then again I should not include easy in the same statement with government.

RW2 send me a PM with you email and I will send you a copy.
I sent a PM, but didn't hear back. My email is rw2 at wellner dot org

Dale Smith

Post by Dale Smith »

rw2, you did, I over looked it. sorry about that. I sent it this morning. hope it helps make it easier for you.