brake master cylinders

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

Roy

brake master cylinders

Post by Roy »

I have a M4 210 with the original (I think) master cylinders, I'm have some problems keeping them bleed. So I guess it might be time for some new master cylinders. I have researched these and I can't seem to find the right rebuild kits. I ordered a set of kits but they weren't the right parts. I think my problems are in the cylinders with the reservoirs on the pilot side. Anyone know of a good replacement cylinder that will work with the parking brake locking thingy? Guess I could call Maule and see what they use on the later models. But I thought I would just run this by everyone to see if anyone had some good answers.
Thanks
Roy

robw

Re: brake master cylinders

Post by robw »

I have a '72 M4-220C, and was able to get a replacement master cylinder directly from Maule for a reasonable price (at least for an AC part ;) ).

Roy

Post by Roy »

OK thanks, I'll probably just go ahead and give Maule a call. My brakes work but I just have to spend a got of time messing with them. However I also have a J3 and I'm sort of use to not having much brake.
Thanks Roy