Big BOO BOO broke windshield

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

210TC
100+ Posts

Big BOO BOO broke windshield

Post by 210TC »

I ordered a new dash cover as mine looked very bad and since the windshield is on top of the lower edge's, it needs to be removed to replace the cover. I tried to lift the lower front of the windshield just enough to slip in the new cover (DON"T TRY THIS AT HOME), after a minute or so the windshield BROKE, yes I wanted to cry. The windshield was in perfect condition................... :(

flyer
100+ Posts

Post by flyer »

210TC

It is difficult not to beat yourself up after doing something like this. Most of us have done similar things. I also have ruined a windshield on a previous plane. Mistakes happen.

Good luck

flyer
Flyer

Lowflybye
100+ Posts

Post by Lowflybye »

David-

It sounds like you have had time to cool down since we talked on Firday and possibly start to crack a smile about it...although still quite a ways from laughing about it. One of those tricks that you have to learn the hard way I guess...but thanks for sharing so that we can keep from having to learn it the same way.

-Chris
Last edited by Lowflybye on Sun May 20, 2007 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To most people, the sky is the limit. To a pilot, the sky is home."

Still a bit cloudy when it comes to aviation insurance? Find some clarity: Clear on Top

210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

Thanks Guy's, Yes I can now CRACK a smile. Thanks for the humor

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

LP Aero has them in different thicknesses as well as Maule in the standard .125"
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide