Aileron Rigging

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

g5280

Aileron Rigging

Post by g5280 »

Aileron Rigging
On my 1977 M5 ,both wings where the cable comes out that connects it the bottom of the pace(NAME PLEAS?) that runs the aileron, in side of the wing the pulley Both Sides have worn threw the skin of the bottom of the wing. I have about 100 hrs in the desert at 500 ft in mod – sever air pipeline petrol and this may have bent these little kind of L sapped brackets. I bereave that this rubbing threw the wing's has been going on for a long time. My point sticks your hand up in there and yours. I ordered new brackets from Maule about $20.00
Be safe Gary
PS Someone help me with the names. I just ant that smart
pss. how is my spelling :)
Gary, Maule 9159E
1977 M5 235 IO 540J
Tundra Tires

210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

Your sellllllingggg is no different than mine....
I don't know the name, but I had the same problem on one wing.
I think it was attributed to a prior ground loop which damaged that wing. Replaced bracket and bolt and no problemo since.

THIS IS AN ITEM THAT SHOULD BE CHECK AT ANNUAL...................ON ALL MAULE'S

mikemike

Part

Post by mikemike »

Are you referring to the "pulley mount and cable guard"? This part is located where the aileron cables going out the wing make a 90° turn towards the aileron. This part looks like the letter "V" with a third (and longer) finger going up the middle of the "V". There is one on the top of the pulley, and one on the bottom of the pulley. - Mike

210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

g5280 can you answer?
I think mine may not be the same. I had an angled bracket that supported the pulley (in the location that you refer to) I purchased a new one from Maule along with the bolt. The cable is now not rubbing on the lower skin.
The other pieces you speak of I don't recall seeing (been three years).