seats

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

cj8vet

seats

Post by cj8vet »

plane MXT-180
pilots 1-6'2" 200lbs,no-2-5'7"150#
I'm pilot 1, with no long time in the plane, pilot 2 flew about 4 hours this past weekend, when he got back I asked him if there was anything he didnt like about the plane-his only answer was the seats were uncomfortable. That came out very quick. I know I am a bit confined in it but was surprised this small guy complained.
any comments? aftermarket seats? cushions?
thanks
mark
cj8vet
mark richardson
MXT-180
N234PP

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

What about the seats didn't #2 like? Oregon Aero seat cushens will most likely fix the issue if? ( I found that 1.5" seat pad with lumbar support did trick for me) If the seats being leaned back was the issue then I think there is a fix for that as well (M4,5 seats set up a litle streighter)

cj8vet

Post by cj8vet »

Thanks Wup, it was the seat angle he was bothered by but I am not sure if it was the angle of the back or not. I need to get a long x-country in to see how they fit me.
mark
mxt-180
N234PP
cj8vet
mark richardson
MXT-180
N234PP

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

I would agree with Wup. #2 should purchase the Oregon Aero mobile seat kit which can be separated with velcro at the seat to backrest point and thus adapted to the car, farm tractor, computer seat or airplane, or tree hugging platform or wherever.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide