Solar charger for your gadgets while in the boonies

Camera's, GPSs and other Gizmos (please let me know if you find an existing thread to be moved into this NEW section)
TomD
100+ Posts

Solar charger for your gadgets while in the boonies

Post by TomD »

I have an older version of this,

http://www.amazon.com/Anker%C2%AE-Dual- ... technology

At the price this is a good deal.

When at a location where there is no power to charge your iPad for your foreflight or other apps,, gps, tablet, etc. it is a very nice option.

TD

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

I don't have the same brand mine is a goal zero. I forget what the amp/hr rating is but I carry it with me on camping trips and have used it at sun n fun. It will keep a couple of phones up and I've used it to recharge a backup Ipad battery also. My son was able to keep his Microsoft Surface up also. granted it may take all day to recharge stuff but when there is no power cord around it will keep you connected.
Kirk Johnson
If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more money

TomD
100+ Posts

battery

Post by TomD »

If you want to store the energy from your solar gadget have a look at this:

http://intovate.com/products/

It rates at 5000 mAh and I use it to keep my iPad Mini and GPS topped up on long trips.

TD

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

At work we use an older version of the Hyperjuice 16000 mAH battery pack to run or charge a variety of devices such as iPhone, iPad, SketchMapper or portable GPS in the aircraft since the Cessna 185 airplanes don't have usable accessory power jacks. We can also use them outside the airplane. Having a solar charger charge this battery pack during the day gives you a good energy source at night or in flight.
Andy
1986 MX7-180