Checklist needed for MX-7 160

Trigear? Taildragger? Fixed pitch prop? Which Engine? ...anything related with model selection considerations and questions about buying a Maule
AutoPilotof4

Checklist needed for MX-7 160

Post by AutoPilotof4 »

I’m in the process of purchasing a MX-7 160 but the seller didn’t use a checklist and CheckMate doesn’t list one online for a 160. They do have them for a 180 and 235. If someone has a good checklist according to the poh would you please send me pictures or a link to download them?
I have included a picture of the one that is available for the 180.

Thank you,

Marlin

andy
Site Admin

Re: Checklist needed for MX-7 160

Post by andy »

My MX-7-180 POH has one and I'm guessing the MX-7-160 POH in the airplane that you are considering has one too. It might not be as fancy as the one you posted but it works.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

montana maule
100+ Posts

Post by montana maule »

Andy is correct. A check list is in the POH. I ended up modifying mine to make it more user friendly. By the way if you don't have the POH onboard the airplane you don't have a legal airplane! Same with the WT. & Balance, registration, and airworthiness certificate.

wtxdragger
100+ Posts

Post by wtxdragger »

Is a downloaded version of the POH in your documents folder of Foreflight legal?

You can also modify the Checklist in Foreflight and create one for your plane.
Foreflight has a Basic Template that can be easily modified.
Mercifully Free from the Ravages of Intelligence
1989 M7-235 N90KD
1975 T210L N1675X
2022 CCK-1865 N922UM

https://www.instagram.com/wtxdragger/

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

According to 14 CFR 91.9 and 21.5 there must be a current and approved Airplane Flight Manual in the aircraft for aircraft type certificated after March 1, 1979. My AFM (POH) has a cover page with "FAA APPROVED AIRPLANE FLIGHT MANUAL", the serial number, N Number, FAA certification office signature and date. I'm guessing that for the manual to be current and approved, it must have this information. You can download it into ForeFlight if you scan it into electronic form but if your iPad shuts down or fails, I think you'd want a printed copy in the airplane.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

AutoPilotof4

Post by AutoPilotof4 »

Good morning and thanks to all for responding. Yes the POH is in the plane and it has the checklist in it along with the other ARROW legal requirements. Having used checklists in the past I know it is so much easier to have them on a laminated card within easy reach rather than in a book that you have to hold and turn pages while flying. I can xerox the pages and have those laminated but it’s still not quite as nice as the CheckMate version. I appreciate the the suggestions.

Marlin