New Maule Owner

Trigear? Taildragger? Fixed pitch prop? Which Engine? ...anything related with model selection considerations and questions about buying a Maule
Skydrvr64

New Maule Owner

Post by Skydrvr64 »

Well it looks like I’m taking the plunge into Ownership of an AWESOME MAULE!! Plans are in place pickup to our new ride on 10-25 of our MT7-235.
Any recommendations for a new Maule driver would be appreciated as the AFM/ POH leaves a lot to be figured out. I plan to spend some time with the current owner and his mechanic and the next day we’ll enjoy a 6 hour trip back home to the Memphis,TN area....Wish me luck and any advice will be welcomed. Clear skies and Tailwinds to all.

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Congratulations.
You can build a cruise power chart from the graphs in the Lyc Operators Handbook.
Always fuel up with selector on Left. Fuel transfers if on Both or Off.
Go to back of airplane and raise elevator to half way or a tad more. Set trim to get the tab parallel to stabilizer with elevator half way up.
Note that position on the Trimwheel index. Instead of trimming all the load off your arm for landing, use that position as a max. If you fully trim, you may run out of elevator for flare.
That tab on the rudder is NOT rudder trim, it is an anti adverse yaw device.
Rudder trim is direct via bungee to right rudder pedal.
Theres some basics to start.
Read the Maule POH and Lyc Handbook diligently, you will thank yourself later.
The plane should TAS at 155mph throttle and prop full in, or its out of trim.
22/2200 is a good cruise setting while 21/2100 is below the danger point for over leaning.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

AndrewK
100+ Posts

Post by AndrewK »

I think Jeremy pretty much covered the basics.
Congrats, welcome, and enjoy getting to know your new plane!

Skydrvr64

New Home

Post by Skydrvr64 »

Made the trip from Santa Fe, NM to Bolivar, TN IN 7.2 hrs of flight time and finished up with a RNAV appraoch to her new home. Great first trip and looking forward to years of Maule Fun.....