Engine comparisons

Trigear? Taildragger? Fixed pitch prop? Which Engine? ...anything related with model selection considerations and questions about buying a Maule
StuporRocket
100+ Posts

Post by StuporRocket »

gbarrier wrote:no, different back cover.
By "back cover" do you mean accessory case? If so, then that's what I would swap out to a 2-mag case.
Scott@Oglesby.org

"Don't follow me. You won't make it."
PA-12-150
M-7-235

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Accessory case for single mags will not fit your crankcase.

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Accessory case for single mags will not fit your crankcase.

I know of one V4A5D (dual mag 260) out there. Tried to convert to single mags on the build but would not work. Hell of an engine though.

Tater023

Post by Tater023 »

[/quote]
Thank you so much for this comparison, Jeremy (& Gary). Like I said before , I have the W1A5D. Would it be possible to change it over to single mags at overhaul just by swapping out the accessory case? I think it's crazy to think I'm looking forward to spending far, far more to upgrade my airplane than I paid for it. Engine, prop, Panel, Tires, Wheels, brakes, floats...Where does it end?[/quote]

I think it’s awesome you enjoy your ship enough to put so much more into it. It is a love affair! I hope to get to that point some day!
Bill

DeltaRomeo
100+ Posts

Post by DeltaRomeo »

"I think it’s awesome you enjoy your ship enough to put so much more into it. It is a love affair! I hope to get to that point some day!
Bill"

Just fly it; learn what it can do and where it can take you that few aircraft can. :D
M5

StuporRocket
100+ Posts

Post by StuporRocket »

DeltaRomeo wrote:"I think it’s awesome you enjoy your ship enough to put so much more into it. It is a love affair! I hope to get to that point some day!
Bill"

Just fly it; learn what it can do and where it can take you that few aircraft can. :D
Thanks, Bill. I'm still working to get there myself.

There is nothing "wrong" with it now and I love the full King Silver Crown stack.
If I decide to keep it "forever" then I would put an entire new Garmin 650 based panel with dual G5 displays (AI & HSI) in it for starters. I still hate to think of ADSB for a seaplane/sandbar/pasture plane, but would need that due to the position of my home base within a Mode C ring.
Scott@Oglesby.org

"Don't follow me. You won't make it."
PA-12-150
M-7-235