PRE-BUY PRE-PURCHASE IN NEW HAMPSHIRE

Trigear? Taildragger? Fixed pitch prop? Which Engine? ...anything related with model selection considerations and questions about buying a Maule
CaseyM
100+ Posts

PRE-BUY PRE-PURCHASE IN NEW HAMPSHIRE

Post by CaseyM »

Hello guys and gals,
I'm looking for a mechanic (preferably Maule familiar mechanic, but not required) to do an "On location" pre-buy/pre-purchase inspection in southern New Hampshire. If you, or anyone you know in that area would be willing to do it, contact info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tailwinds and smiles...
N1042Z
97' MX7-180C

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

I use John Watt over at Compass Aviation in Shelby. He's been working on my Maule for a couple of years I'm not sure if he will travel for a pre-purchase or not but his number is 704 692 5529.
Kirk Johnson
If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more money

CaseyM
100+ Posts

Post by CaseyM »

Thanks captnkirk. I didn't find anyone in NH so I'm taking a mechanic with me. We're going up this weekend. Fingers crossed for no "No Go's"

We're fairly close to each other here in NC, have you ever been to the guys over at Premier Air in Lincolnton (KIPJ)? they do the work on my Decathlon.
N1042Z
97' MX7-180C

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

I've been using John for a while. They can be slow getting things done some time put the work is first rate and prices are fair. I'm at NR42 so we will have to get together when you get this done. Andy and Gary are close by also we may have a squadron before long.
Kirk Johnson
If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more money

CaseyM
100+ Posts

Post by CaseyM »

Yes sir. Would love to meet up with you guys. Arriving 4 deep at triple tree in September could be a lot of fun.
N1042Z
97' MX7-180C

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Hello CaseyM. Failed to notice you were local till just now. Hope your prebuy goes well. Can also recommend Inglewood in Albemarle for maintenance in our area but I'm probably a little partial as I hang out there some. Just finished an AOA install along with prebuy/Annual and sent an M-7 on it's way last week.

Let us now when you're back here with the beast. Perhaps we can gather about half a dozen at the local BBQ joint for lunch.

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

gbarrier wrote:Hello CaseyM. Failed to notice you were local till just now. Hope your prebuy goes well. Can also recommend Inglewood in Albemarle for maintenance in our area but I'm probably a little partial as I hang out there some. Just finished an AOA install along with prebuy/Annual and sent an M-7 on it's way last week.

Let us know when you're back here with the beast. Perhaps we can gather about half a dozen at the local BBQ joint for lunch.

Victor Gennaro
100+ Posts

Post by Victor Gennaro »

Take the plane up to Moultonboro NH 5m3 and have Paul Zanis look at it. He helped my with my M7 and my Bonanza purchases. He is a great guy, old school no nonsense mechanic. He will let you know if it is a good plane.

CaseyM
100+ Posts

Post by CaseyM »

Finally pulled the trigger. I'm a Maule owner!!! N1042Z MX7-180C.

thanks for the help, we ended up flying one of our mechanics up to New Hampshire. Pre-buy went really well. pretty clean a/c
Hello CaseyM. Failed to notice you were local till just now. Hope your prebuy goes well. Can also recommend Inglewood in Albemarle for maintenance in our area but I'm probably a little partial as I hang out there some. Just finished an AOA install along with prebuy/Annual and sent an M-7 on it's way last week.

Let us now when you're back here with the beast. Perhaps we can gather about half a dozen at the local BBQ joint for lunch.
Hello Gbarrier,
42Z is temporarily hangered at KIPJ for a little while. I would love to meet up somewhere. Pik-n-Pig is one of my favorites. Lets try to put something together.
N1042Z
97' MX7-180C

Duane
100+ Posts

Post by Duane »

Welcome to the family Casey. Have fun with that bird and don't forget the Maule get together here in Moultrie at the end of Sept if you can make it.

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Congrats on the new toy. Let's give everyone a chance to get back from Oshkosh and we'll put the biggest baddest pig run yet together.

VA Maule
100+ Posts

Post by VA Maule »

No better place to celebrate the indoctrination of a newly MAULED pilot 8)
The best Government, is less Government.

CaseyM
100+ Posts

Post by CaseyM »

Welcome to the family Casey. Have fun with that bird and don't forget the Maule get together here in Moultrie at the end of Sept if you can make it.
Thanks Duane! I also got an invitation on the FB page from Brent Maule to the fly-in in Moultrie. I plan on coming down for that and look forward to meeting everyone and seeing where my bird was born.
Congrats on the new toy. Let's give everyone a chance to get back from Oshkosh and we'll put the biggest baddest pig run yet together.
Sounds like a heck of a plan to me!
N1042Z
97' MX7-180C

boxertwin100

Maule purchase

Post by boxertwin100 »

Just curious, how did you locate the Maule in NH? I have been looking for some time now and thought I had pretty good sources, but never saw the one that you bought.
Hints and help appreciated.

Congratulations on your purchase.

CaseyM
100+ Posts

Re: Maule purchase

Post by CaseyM »

boxertwin100 wrote:Just curious, how did you locate the Maule in NH? I have been looking for some time now and thought I had pretty good sources, but never saw the one that you bought.
Hints and help appreciated.

Congratulations on your purchase.
I found 1042Z on Trade-a-plane and that was the only site it was posted. It was listed for a little while before I found it but I secured it as quick as I could.

the MX7-180(B)&(C)'s are slightly hard to come across and get sold pretty quickly. I was seriously looking for about 2 yrs.

I religiously checked all the sites I knew of several times a day

Barnstormers.com
controller.com
Trade-a-plane
www.ASO.com
PlaneFinder
N1042Z
97' MX7-180C