Lets do this

Trigear? Taildragger? Fixed pitch prop? Which Engine? ...anything related with model selection considerations and questions about buying a Maule
TomD
100+ Posts

New

Post by TomD »

Unless something has changed, an underwriter will not give a quote to a second agent once a request is made. For example if AOPA asks Acme for a quote for you. Widget agency will not be able to get a quote .

I think some agents are better than others in getting quotes from underwriters or use different underwriters. For example I am with Global and get decent rates. I also had a claim a few years back that they handled to my complete satisfaction.

Ask around for agents folks use and the underwriter they are with and use that as a guide as to whom to go to first

TD

Victor Gennaro
100+ Posts

Post by Victor Gennaro »

Actually on the insurance end I did shop around and that was the number. I have been flying a lot and hope by the renewal in Dec I will have over 100 hours and many more landings. Of course I will shop around again and hope my improved proficiency yields a lower number.

TomD
100+ Posts

Insurance

Post by TomD »

I think there is a guy on the list who is an agent out of Tennessee who writes a fair amount of Maule insurance.