Pricing on M5-235C

Trigear? Taildragger? Fixed pitch prop? Which Engine? ...anything related with model selection considerations and questions about buying a Maule
jsperin

Pricing on M5-235C

Post by jsperin »

This maybe opening a can of worms up but I am looking for some reasonable advice on what a late 70's M5 in decent shape fabric wise, good avionics and a 1300 hour engine would cost me to purchase? I am finding some of the asking prices out there right now to be on the high side and want to know if I am just off base on what they are really worth.

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

they're only worth what you will pay for them make an offer if you are serious I find most people are just lookie loos, and really don't want a Plane unless it's a couple hundred bucks....I made an offer on mine and it was accepted making My M4 worth $40500 back in 2002... I'd like to think that after aall the improvements I've done that it's worth more now but then it's not for sale so I don't know what it's worth..... :shock: :lol:
Iceman

jsperin

Post by jsperin »

I am going to make an offer for the M5-235 I have looked at. Being the cheap pilot I am I want to make sure I am not overspending on this AC. The asking price is in the mid 70s and I find that very high compared to what blue book, Vref say retail is. I also find it very hard to justify 10% gain in value since it sold in 92 for $26,000. I do know you pay for good fabric and condition and other add on's the owner has done. Just trying to get an idea of what a reasonable offer is with out insulting the owner.

TomD
100+ Posts

M5

Post by TomD »

Where are you located?

It may be worth having someone with Maule knowlege have a look at it.

Figure new fabric is something in the $20k-$25k range and if other things were done while they were in there...metal stringers, new cables, avionics, etc. the the price jump from the $26k price in '92 as a fixer upper may be justified.

TD

MauleWacko
100+ Posts

Post by MauleWacko »

:shock:
Last edited by MauleWacko on Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

jsperin

New Purchase

Post by jsperin »

Found one that fit me and my price range. Thank you all for the advice and I am looking forward to some more reply's as I have questions about this new machine of mine.