EZ Flap Handle?

crhannay

EZ Flap Handle?

Post by crhannay »

What does everyone think of the EZ Flap Handle? I just purchased a 1999 M7-260 that was on floats. The forth notch of flap is blocked out. Anyone know how to unblock the 4th notch of flap. Also I need to make sure the tailwheel springs and tensions are set up correctly. I will be flying it home to Afton Wyoming from Rhinelander Wisconsin on the 17th if the weather holds.
Help
Curt

Chris in Milwaukee
100+ Posts

Re: EZ Flap Handle?

Post by Chris in Milwaukee »

crhannay wrote:What does everyone think of the EZ Flap Handle? I just purchased a 1999 M7-260 that was on floats. The forth notch of flap is blocked out. Anyone know how to unblock the 4th notch of flap. Also I need to make sure the tailwheel springs and tensions are set up correctly. I will be flying it home to Afton Wyoming from Rhinelander Wisconsin on the 17th if the weather holds.
Help
Curt
It’s on my short list since I don’t care to reach that far down to set the flaps. There have been colorful opinions on it here and in other forums (more on the other forums), but I imagine it’s a personal taste thing.

Did you find a transition instructor? I recall you were looking.
Christopher Owens
1993 MX-7-180A
Members: AOPA EAA VAA

rv8bldr

Post by rv8bldr »

I put one in my '79 M5-235C and love it.
Mark
President EAA Chapter 245
'79 Maule M5-235C C-GJFK
RV-8 C-GURV (Sold)
Bearhawk 4pl C-GPFG - Under Construction

TxAgfisher
100+ Posts

Post by TxAgfisher »

I prefer the regular Maule bent flap handle.
TJ Van Matre

VA Maule
100+ Posts

Post by VA Maule »

Alrighty I'll get popcorn and a score card :roll:
1 to 1 so far :lol:
The best Government, is less Government.

bushcub

Ez flap handle

Post by bushcub »

It was on the plane when I got It. It is great negative 7 through 40, but a little close moving to 48.

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

I use my flaps thus flap lever, as an often operated tool. It is not something I just set. So, the EZflap mod though a good idea for some, is a detriment to me. It gets in my way and on a floatplane situation is a potential hazard.
On floats one is very often wearing waders and when getting in or out in a hurry, the EZ gets in the way or fouls the waders. When smoothly moving between 24 40 and 48 degree flaps the lever is very awkward at the upper positions . It is a great mod for negative and 0 deg for those who have difficulty bending forward.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

It's a bit of stretch for me to reach the -7 flap position with the standard Maule bent flap handle but not too difficult. In the 48-degree position the flap handle is almost against the seat so I think it the EZflap handle would be in the way in that position like Jeremy said.

I only use the -7 flap setting during cruise so it's not that hard or risky to reach down for it. I wouldn't recommend trying that when you're taking off or landing though.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

Aitely

Re: EZ Flap Handle?

Post by Aitely »

I have one used. If someone want to try - will ship.
Got it with aircraft. Didn’t liked at full flap’s positions.
Maybe for some taller guys will fit. I’m 5’6”. Will ship from KRAL.