M5 restoration project

freedom
100+ Posts

Post by freedom »

found it! 2130E

Duane
100+ Posts

Post by Duane »

The reference to D-10 is from the old parts catalog. The new DVD's aren't referenced like that. They use real part numbers, 4 numbers and maybe a dash something.

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Look at you Duane, spent all weekend helping folks at the reunion/fly in and already back here helping guys find stuff. Thanks for being there.

TomD
100+ Posts

Post by TomD »

You mean I don't have to keep duct taping my old red Parts catalog together?? :)

Duane
100+ Posts

Post by Duane »

Gary, maybe I should just get a life.. :lol: Tom, I'd keep using that old, outdated, many error laden paper catalog if I were you.. 8)

TomD
100+ Posts

Post by TomD »

Duane,

Sent you an email

td

freedom
100+ Posts

Post by freedom »

Guys,
need your help..
How to take apart the outboard flap hinge bracket? there are no inspection holes in the vicinity and would like to avoid to make one, but the bolt that holds it together with the rear spar is inaccessible from either side.

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

I think you may need to cut an access port and close it up with a Maule inspection cover
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

freedom
100+ Posts

Post by freedom »

My wheels have an outer diameter of approx 7.5 inches, so the tire shoulders should seat around 6.5 inches.
What are my tires options, pros and cons?

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

If correct wheels, they are Cleveland three bolt of two halves that recess together. The brake disc preferably 3/8â€￾ is held to the inboard half with the three bolts. Depending on the tyres sometimes spacers are used between disc and wheel. Do not use washers.
The best all around tyre is the Goodyear 8.50x6 and tube. McCreary tyres are also available but wear out much faster and have double the grooves to throw more rocks.
Depending on standard or extended gear and length of prop used, you can use 6.00, 7.00, 8.00x6 or any of a variety of large tundra tyres, generally 26â€￾ 29â€￾ 31â€￾.
With the 3/8â€￾ disc you must have the double puck brake caliper and torque plate and it is preferable and much safer to fit to front.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

freedom
100+ Posts

Post by freedom »

I was thinking already to go for 8.5 now I'm convinced!
How do you understand if the spacer within disk and wheel is needed.
I'm missing the, and they are sold at 80 bucks each, and need 6 in total. that's ridiculous for a small piece of metal. Was thinking of making them myself if needed.

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

If you need them, Stoddards in Anchorage Alaska sell full circle spacers so only two needed.
After you have mounted calipers, tyre, wheel with disc you can see if there is enough clearance when you spin the inflated tyre. A credit card or two gap fro tyre to caliper is all that’s needed if calipers are to the front.
Single pick calipers do not need the spacers and will work with 8.50s but brake performance and sensitivity is poor.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

freedom
100+ Posts

Post by freedom »

8.0 - 6, would they also be suitable?

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

8.00x6 are suitable But, 8.50 are taller and a bit wider which is much preferred to get the aircraft angle of attack to a better place, unless you are fitting the extended landing gear.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

freedom
100+ Posts

Post by freedom »

At the end of the trailing edge the aileron cables (top and bottom), how much are away from the wing skin?
I don't like the hole with the phenolic insert underneath so I'm thinking of covering with a fairing.