100+ Posts

govement

Post by TomD »

Yep.

So happy GE and Boeing are people. Makes me feel so represented. :evil:

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Post by Mountain Doctor »

akholland wrote:Got it. ethanol pulls water into the fuel. If you have more gas than you started with after adding water, you have ethanol present. Pretty sure I could perform this test with just a fuel drainer. I bet their just adding a surfactant like soap to help the water absorb into the alcohol. Wonder what the chemical is. I'll have to try this little experiment.

Has anyone around these parts tested our local fuels lately? If so what was the content and where did the fuel come from? I have some buddies that operate at Tesoro Refinery i'll ask around.
I have heard on my motorcycle forums that many stations that advertise ethanol free actually had some when they check it themselves. Good to check.
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

akholland
100+ Posts

Post by akholland »

I also read in another site that the alcohol is what causes rubber fuel hoses to swell up. It can also corrode your carburetor because the water molecules are only suspended in the fuel and can still corrode idle passages etc..

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Post by Mountain Doctor »

I agree with Tom and you guys.

Alcohol was forced on us by the government and various lobbies that do NOT have the environment, or the effect rising food prices have on the poorer people of the country, in mind.

It does not help the environment in ANY WAY, it damages fuel systems, and increases the cost of grain and meat and other food products. It reduces performance, reduces fuel efficiency, and costs millions (an educated guess on my part but I bet it could be easily backed up) in damaged vehicles and lost productivity.
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843