Central Washington for test-fit?

Pilots who are looking for other Maule pilots in your area
tenbbs

Central Washington for test-fit?

Post by tenbbs »

Are there any Maule owners in central Washington (Wenatchee, Yakima, etc) who would allow me to sit in their plane for a test fit on cockpit seat-height and shoulder/elbow room?

I'm airplane shopping, and the Maule M7/MT7 seems like it would do all the things that I want, but I don't know how well myself and another adult would fit in the front. I think an Aviation Consumer article from a couple years ago called the cabin "Adequate" and at 6'2" 230# that makes me... pause.

Mog
100+ Posts

Re: Central Washington for test-fit?

Post by Mog »

Common question for sure. I’m 6’5” 265lbs and I can manage it. But I did have custom seat cushions made to help. I can absolutely fly a stock Maule with stock seats but it’s tight. If I could convince my body to lose about 40lbs I would fit very nicely. Shoulder room and leg room become an issue with larger passengers but I have had a 6’3” passenger that was 275lbs without issue.

Bottom line, you will fit fine. It’s not a perfect fit but it’s just fine.

Willardj

Re: Central Washington for test-fit?

Post by Willardj »

I have a M5-235C, close to S40, Prosser. You are welcome to come by and have a seat. I will pull the pillows out that I sit on so I can see over the nose. send a PM.