Maule owners near Anchorage, AK

Pilots who are looking for other Maule pilots in your area
Joe Dick

Maule owners near Anchorage, AK

Post by Joe Dick »

Hello all,

First I wanted to open this up for others looking to connect in the Anchorage area.

Second I am looking to start my PPL in 2020 and thus I'm hunting planes. On paper I love everything about the Maule except the cost of insurance. That said I have never had the opportunity to fly in one or pick some owners brains about why they chose their Maule.

I'd love the chance to chat and at least check out your birds.

Cheers, Joseph
I've got the flying bug. Keep that deet away from me!

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Quite a few of us around in Anchorage and the Valley. Should be able to hook up with someone. We'd all be happy to tell you all about how Maule is the best... LOL!
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

Joe Dick

Post by Joe Dick »

crbnunit - I see a few of them around at the airports for sure. I just haven't had the chance to meet anyone that flies them.
I've got the flying bug. Keep that deet away from me!

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Just getting mine back up after an extended annual. Maiden flight should be today!
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

rogerapfeifer

Post by rogerapfeifer »

i say owning a male is like "kind of" owning both a super cub and a cessna 180. it will come fairly close to doing the mission of either of those planes. don't get me wrong, nothing preforms like a cub but keep the maule light and put an experienced pilot in it and it will come close.
the big back door also is a big advantage , the plane is fairly easy to work on and the parts are not as expensive as other brands.
x army helicopter pilot, in ak since 1970,flown maules since 79, own m4 and m6. most time on floats but have whls and skis. use plane mostly to hunt and fish. have been in most corners of ak and would be happy to share any knowledge

freedom
100+ Posts

Post by freedom »

Hi,

gonna end up in Anchorage by the end of this week, anyone in the area who wants to take me for a ride? gas on me!!