Any Maule Drivers in Northern NJ or NY metro area?

Pilots who are looking for other Maule pilots in your area
njpilot172

Any Maule Drivers in Northern NJ or NY metro area?

Post by njpilot172 »

Hello Everyone,

I'm a Cessna 172/182 driver just shy of 250 hours. I rent from KCDW and am dreaming of someday making the leap from renter to owner or partner in a 4 place aircraft.

My typical mission are 25 to 100NM hops for $100 hamburgers with an occasional XC to CT or MA.

I spend a lot of time on pilot channels on YouTube and am impressed by the Maule.

Please send me a PM if you're within 50 to 75 miles of NYC. If so I would love to join you for a flight and would certainly contribute to the cost.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
250 Hour Cessna 172/182 Driver.
Hoping to someday buy or enter partnership in first plane.
Location Northern NJ

bobguhr
100+ Posts

Post by bobguhr »

PM Sent

wheaties

Re: Any Maule Drivers in Northern NJ or NY metro area?

Post by wheaties »

I know this is 4 years old but I'm in the same boat. Northern NJ, part of a club flying Cessna, and wondering about the mighty Maule. Damn I love what those observation windows would do for my own enjoyment. Would love to fly in one, doesn't matter what type.

gdflys
100+ Posts

Post by gdflys »

Bob above is probably the closest. Of course his plane will make you want to start throwing money at any new to you Maule. :lol:
Greg Delp
1979 M-5-235C
CT
ATP, CFI, A&P/IA

JerseyJim

Post by JerseyJim »

Wheaties

I live in Somerset County and fly out of N85 Alexandria Airfield.
Bobguhr and I went to college together. He lives in north Jersey and is based just over the NY/NJ border. Bob’s M6 is modified a fair amount and he flys it well.
Greg (gdflys) is no slouch either. His plane is beautiful, it was recently overhauled and repainted.
Both have the 235hp engine and they leap off the runway. Greg has the M5 short wing 30’10” and Bob has the universal wings on his M6 32’11”. I have a M5-180-C, short wing 180hp and mine is original from 1984.
Let me know where you are based. All 3 of us have met for the $100 hamburger and Bob and I fly together often. If my right seat is free you are welcome to it.
1984 M5 180-C

wheaties

Post by wheaties »

I'm in Bergen County and fly out of CDW. If Bob's is at Warwick (ran into an M6 flyer on the radios while airport hopping) his might be equally as close to Somerset. Most likely I'd have to look at a M?-180 or ?? due to useful load (wife, 2 kids, all their stuff, etc.) but I'm game to sit right seat in anything.