Messages Stuck in Outbox

This section is for board related announcement, questions and problems
Andy Young
100+ Posts

Messages Stuck in Outbox

Post by Andy Young »

I just realized this morning that in the PM section of this forum, I have several messages stuck in my Outbox. Looks like they never sent, as they do no show up in my Sent box. It’s not all my messages; just a random selection. These go back to 2012 in some cases, though some are very recent.

Any hints on how to get them to send?

If you have sent me a PM and not heard a reply, I apologize. Feel free to write me directly at youngan1@yahoo.com

AndrewK
100+ Posts

Post by AndrewK »

I could be wrong but it almost seems to me like a "read receipt" of sorts. If the recipient hasn't opened it then it stays in the Outbox, once they read it the message moves to the Sent status.
I've had messages sit there for a couple of days, then I receive a response from the recipient and at the same time notice that my message is now in the Sent folder.
Maybe just a coincidence but I'd be glad to test my theory if anyone wants to coordinate.

MauleEnvy

Post by MauleEnvy »

AndrewK wrote:I could be wrong but it almost seems to me like a "read receipt" of sorts. If the recipient hasn't opened it then it stays in the Outbox, once they read it the message moves to the Sent status.
I've had messages sit there for a couple of days, then I receive a response from the recipient and at the same time notice that my message is now in the Sent folder.
Maybe just a coincidence but I'd be glad to test my theory if anyone wants to coordinate.
This ^^^^ is correct. I've noticed the same thing. Messages stay in outbox and only move to sent once they have been read by recipient.
Mike
1985 M5-180C

Andy Young
100+ Posts

Post by Andy Young »

Ahhh...
That is enlightening. Thanks!