England phony members

This section is for board related announcement, questions and problems
plowboy

England phony members

Post by plowboy »

members page 29 to 214 are all from England with zero posts. Maybe the admins could delete them. It clutters the place up.

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

It's not as easy as it seems. The Member List link in the top right of the forum shows different columns than the Admin Control Panel where we delete user accounts. We can't sort on location using the Admin Control Panel so it's a laborious process to locate users whose location is England with no posts. Christine and I are working on it by deleting old accounts where the user has never logged in (inactive) so please make sure that you log in to avoid accidental deletion.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

I deleted a lot of these accounts where the location was England, the user was inactive (had never logged in) and there were 0 posts using the Admin Control Panel, but there are about 7000 of them in the database. It looks like they were all created in 2013 and 2014. I'll keep plugging away, but please be patient. I don't have direct access to the database where I could do this with one SQL statement.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

I'm logging in so I don't get deleted, but nobody ever mistook me for someone from England!
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.