Posting Photos

This section is for board related announcement, questions and problems
Curtis
100+ Posts

Posting Photos

Post by Curtis »

How do you post photos directly to your topic. I can post a link but I would like to post photos instead of links. I have noticed that a few people have been able to that.
Curtis

bobguhr
100+ Posts

Post by bobguhr »

I was able to use photobucket.com. I set up a free account and uploaded my pictures. Once uploaded select a photo and then use "Links to share this photo" which is on the right hand side of the page, click on the box next to IMG to copy the image location and then paste that into your Maule pilots post. Use preview to verify success.

Curtis
100+ Posts

Post by Curtis »

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try.
Curtis

MrHRC

Post by MrHRC »

As mentioned before
1. you have to upload your photos to a photo sharing site. Google+, Picasa, Photobucket.

2.Now that you can view your pictures on line you need to "copy the url" this is the address you picture is stored at on the WWW. I do this by having my mouse pointer on the picture and "right click" and a menu with "copy image url " click on this.

3.Above post reply box you type your posts click the IMG box.
4. Then "right click" with your arrow in the text box and choose "paste"
5. Click on the IMG box again.

(img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/--nAe ... G_3966.JPG[/img]

It will look very similar to the text above except for the first "(" that I have changed to show the text. Notice (img) before URL and (/img) after the URL.

6. Click "Preview" and if you see a picture you have done it.

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

You can see more detail about using bb code, which is a variant of HTML, by clicking on the BBCode link on the lower left of the Options when you create a new post.

When you use the Image tags, you are pointing to an Internet URL where the image actually lives on a server. I upload my pictures to my own personal website hosted on GoDaddy but you can also use Google Picasa and other free photo hosting sites. Some of them require that you set the photo to be "public" in order to avoid having to log in.

You may have to resize the image first to avoid expanding the page width. You can use a program like Windows Paint to do that before you upload the image to the hosting site.[/img]
Andy
1986 MX7-180

akholland
100+ Posts

Post by akholland »

are there any photo hosting sites that dont work? For example, I have never been able to make dropbox function with the [img]www.url... [\img] steps

MrHRC

Post by MrHRC »

I don't think DropBox works because you need to make the URL (address) public so everybody can view it.

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

DropBox won't work as a photo hosting site because you have to have an account and log in. It lets you stay logged in which may fool you into thinking that others with the link don't need to log in, but that's not the case.

Google Picasa is free and fairly simple. A lot of people use Flickr, Photobucket, Shutterfly and Snapfish. You can find a list of sites on Wikipedia.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

MrHRC

Post by MrHRC »

Google+/Picassa doesnt seem to work any more as the "copy url" doesn't end in .jpg
I'm pretty sure they (Google) changed something.
Photo Bucket works.

I did find another way to post photos from Google+ Kinda tricky. I could try to explain it if anyone is interested. Some basic HTML code. Mostly cut and paste.
When all else fails... Try again.

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

Dropbox has free storage account available and it works fine as there is a public viewing folder that just has to be pointed to by address link.... I've been using it for several years. Probably not the most user friendly, but will work...
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

TomD
100+ Posts

Post by TomD »

+1 for Photobucket.

By far the easiest site to post pictures from.