Posting Pictures

This section is for board related announcement, questions and problems
Mountainmauler

Posting Pictures

Post by Mountainmauler »

We should have a section to post photo's. It is nice to see the fun places we fly to. I remember shopping for my airplane, before i knew it would be a Maule, and going to "Maulemods" and all the other type sights to check out the owner photos. it's nice for the guys and gals who don't have a plane yet. Just an idea. Peter
2004 M-7 235c

RobBurson
100+ Posts

Post by RobBurson »

Mountainmauler, you can go here. http://www.backcountrypilot.org/index.php

Post your pictures and then just make a link here that takes us there. Easy as falling off a log. Rob

Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

I would suggest Flickr which is also a good way to share pictures. http://flickr.com/tour/
Christine
06WN '88 MX7-180 MaulePilots.org Founder
ck "at" maulepilots "dot" org

Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

... but if the demand is there, I will look into implementing our own photo section. At our paraglider club we use Flickr and it works very well linked to our paraglider website www.windlines.net.
Lets vote on that. Flickr? Own photo section? Backcountry's photo gallery for Maulepilots?
Christine

Flyin'Dutch'

Post by Flyin'Dutch' »

Can't we just post them on here?

If it is bandwith that is the consideration you could limit the picturesize.

Just a thought

Ah, just tried. It works!

PS as you can see, it doesn't always just rain in England!

:D
Previously M5-235C GBVFT
FAA CPL/IR AME CAA PPL

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Flyin'Dutch' good to see you here too.
Now if you could explain line by line how to post pictures, to the computer challenged like me. My pictures are stored on Picasa.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

Flyin'Dutch'

Post by Flyin'Dutch' »

maules.com wrote:Flyin'Dutch' good to see you here too.
Now if you could explain line by line how to post pictures, to the computer challenged like me. My pictures are stored on Picasa.
Jeremy,

Nice to be here.

I will be able to tell you how to do it as I had to learn the hard way, ie step by step as I am a complete computer numpty!

1. Load pictures on your computer (you have already done that by using Picasa -> brilliant piece of free photo software.

2. Go to www.photobucket.com and set up an account (there are other programs out there that allow you to host pictures but this is one that I use, works well and is for free)

3. Once that account is opened you will see an 'upload' button.

4. Click that and you will get some grey boxes with a 'browse' button next to it.

5. Click that 'browse' button and look for the files that contain your pictures on your computer (this file is most commonly called 'my pictures' unless you have chosen to file your pictures in another folder in Picasa.

6. Find in that file the picture that you want to upload. This usually means highlighting the folder, double clicking the file, that will take you into the folder and then clicking the file (= picture) you want to upload.

Remember that you can see what picture is in the file by right clicking on it and then clicking on 'preview'

Once you have located the picture you want to upload, either double click it or single click it and then press 'upload' now in photo bucket.

7. The picture will now get uploaded to your Photobucket account.

8. Once that has happened you will see small picture appear in 'My Album'
Under that picture you will find a couple of 'link options'

9. Put your cursor on the one next to the 'IMG Code' line and right click on that url (starts with [IMG]etc)

10. Go to the thread/posting you want the picture to appear in.

11. Rightclick in that post.

12. Click 'Paste'

13. Once done with that posting click 'Submit' as you would normally do and enjoy the experience!

Try it.

If it doesn't work get back to me!
Previously M5-235C GBVFT
FAA CPL/IR AME CAA PPL

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

One of these days, if I get time I'll try it
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

RobBurson
100+ Posts

Post by RobBurson »

Jeremy, any picture that is on a SERVER can be put into a post. In the box where you write a post click on the "Img" button. Go to any picture on a SERVER right click on the picture. Select "copy image location" go back to where you are writing and want to insert the picture. Right click and paste the picture link. Then under the "Img" button click "Close Tag" At the bottom click the "preview button" you will see your picture. Cheers...Rob

Christine
Site Admin

Picasa and Hello

Post by Christine »

Jeremy,
your photos are on your computer only. You are using Picasa to manage them, but Picasa does have a free service called Hello. (Something similar to shutterfly, photobucket etc). Click onto FOLDER and SEND TO HELLO, register and then you are all set to upload pictures and link them to the forum or share them without having to email them....
I can talk you through, if you like....
Christine
Christine

N6EA

Post by N6EA »

I have started a little wepage based on another site that I thought was kinda cool and the idea is, if you have a place to upload pictures or know of webcams etc. that are dynamic (changing constantly) and they somewhat pertain to aviation (you'll see why when I get to the link) I can add them to this simple image catalog for your aviation viewing pleasure. The images should be 320x240 in size and stored where you can change them easily and as often as your heart desires. All I need is an email telling me where they are and I'll add 'em to the page. When you change the image, the webpage will show the new image. Kinda' simple but fun if people change images often enough. I have taken the liberty of linking one of Zanes pictures. Enjoy!

Anyway, the temporary link is http://n6ea.com/pilotcams, eventually www.pilotcams.org will be the permanent home and will have a number of cool features thanks to our fearless leader at BCP...

If you want a spot, send me a link where the image is stored mark@backcountrypilot.org .

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if somebody uploads a picture of their X naked or whatever, although when I see it you'll lose your spot on the page (after I save it of course assuming it is worthy of further review)...;-)
Last edited by N6EA on Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
1971 M4-220C
"You can land anywhere, once..."

Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Flyin"Dutch", thanks very much for posting those detailed instructions. I am sure there are some not-so-computer-literate Maule pilots eager to share a picture happy to find those.
Last edited by Christine on Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christine

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

I don't even know how to get one of those little pictures you guy's have under your names. Think I will ever get pictures? What are the odds. :lol:

Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

A64 -
1) log into your account
2) click profile
(all on the top right screen portion)
3) scroll all the way down to the Avatar section
4) click browse to select the little picture (=upload from your computer) you have prepared to display under your name)
You can also use a picture stored somewhere else.... just type in the URL in the pertaining box

BEFORE YOU DO THAT, have a picture ready max 120x120 pixels and <=29kb
You can use any picture editing software (such as Irfanview) to resize your picture

Good luck
Christine

Flyin'Dutch'

Post by Flyin'Dutch' »

cumuli wrote:Flyin"Dutch", thanks very much for posting those detailed instructions. I am sure there are some not-so-computer-literate Maule pilots eager to share a picture happy to find those.
Pleasure.

Hope Jeremy gives them a go (or gets back to me if he gets stuck!) so that I know they were well enough written.

He must have some good piccies to share.
Previously M5-235C GBVFT
FAA CPL/IR AME CAA PPL