ID Backcountry

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
Russmac1

ID Backcountry

Post by Russmac1 »

Brother (C-175) and I (MT-7-235) went into Salmon Bar (762' runway, had some rafters judging our landings), Krassel, Cabin Creek, Vines, Big Creek for a great breakfast and Mile Hi just to pucker us up a bit. Mile Hi was a new experience landing up hill looking at more sky than anything on approach and taking off wasn't much better just run her off the side and hope you picked the correct line.
Another great couple days of flying.

Cash

Re: ID Backcountry

Post by Cash »

I made a post in the Skylark Association about this post as interesting airplanes flying together wondering what mods the C175 had to be able to fly into those strips with your Maule. Les
Flyrider

MauleWacko
100+ Posts

Post by MauleWacko »

wondering what mods the C175 had to be able to fly into those strips with your Maule.
Les, The Pilot!

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

I think the 175 is very under rated and performs quite well.one of these days im going to have a pane to play with again

Russmac1

Post by Russmac1 »

C-175 has a Lycoming O-360 (180HP), stripped down interior just 2 seats for the most part, just had a Sportsman STOL leading edge installed by Stene in Polson, MT (great guys to work with up there) and I think 26" on the mains. He keeps about 50lbs in the back and that's about it. He's looking to put VG's on it next but as it is it performs very similar to my Maule. I out climb him but other than that not much of a difference. I have to admit I have tire envy of those 26"s every time I pull up beside him. I sure wish we could do something about that on our MT-7's.