Ranger Creek, 21W

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
Flyhound
100+ Posts

Ranger Creek, 21W

Post by Flyhound »

I had a sweet flight to Ranger Creek for a picnic lunch the other day. It was gorgeous going and coming home. Man, I like to fly, and I love being surrounded by so many beautiful spots to fly to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXmw0kXUNdc&t=199s
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

andy
Site Admin

Re: Ranger Creek, 21W

Post by andy »

Very nice! Pretty place. What camera and filter were you using? It looks like image stabilization and a neutral density filter to reduce prop artifacts.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Re: Ranger Creek, 21W

Post by Flyhound »

Yeah Andy, I'm using an antique camera called the Countour. It's a little, bullet shaped camera that I bought new in 2014. GoPro was so successful the Contour isn't made anymore. The image stabilization is challenged by the vibration of my 0360 C1F at certain RPM. There is a noticeable shudder as I reduce power to land in this video. That's the airframe shaking the tube the camera is mounted on. I'll have to upgarde to a newer camera at some point but this one is still hanging in there, so there's no rush. I use a circular polarizer and that has the same affect as a neutral density filter and it gets rid of some glare. I record all my landings, hoping to learn something, but the key to consistency still eludes me with my MX7-180. I'll be learning until I lose my license...
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.