Fly - Bike - Fly & San Juan Islands

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
Flyhound
100+ Posts

Fly - Bike - Fly & San Juan Islands

Post by Flyhound »

Getting to Friday Harbor on San Juan Island by car involves 2 ferry rides and about a five hour commute - each way. That just isn't worth it for a simple, 90 minute bike ride. A 20 minute flight is another thing all together! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scxw43_zBh8
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

Rezrider
100+ Posts

Post by Rezrider »

Nice video, nice trip! I've had 2 mountain bikes and camping gear in the back of the Maule with a couple of grubby bikers up front. One of the main reasons for buying the M-5 was the baggage door opening allowing for bikes etc.
Thanks for sharing that with us.
1980 M5-235
Four Corners

ajak
100+ Posts

Post by ajak »

Nice video and trip report! Yet another flyer/biker here. My Maule has been ideal for transporting me to some interesting off-airport destinations, which double as starting points for some fun mountain bike day trips.
AJ
1983 M-6-235
IO-540W1A5D, 81" Hartzell, 4" ext gear, 31" tires, Atlee exhaust, long wings, VGs, LED ldg/nav/strobes, EDM-900, CiES

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Very nice!
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

Victor Gennaro
100+ Posts

Post by Victor Gennaro »

Go online to Nashbar.com, the sell very inexpensive bike bags. Pop off the two wheel, put the frame and wheels in and you never have to worry about grease messing the plane.