Oregon Cline Hill Ranch fly-in breakfast Sat 9/1/18

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
Flybrian1950
100+ Posts

Oregon Cline Hill Ranch fly-in breakfast Sat 9/1/18

Post by Flybrian1950 »

Great little STOL fly-in breakfast in the Oregon Coast Range, thanks to Ron Goulet of Toledo, and friends and Hosts Bruce and Karen Tompkins of Eddyville, Oregon.
7 planes total, 3 Maules, a 170B, a Highlander, a Super Cub, and another homebuilt I did not recognize. The one way in and back out approach to the pasture was a challenge for the pilots, and a delight for the neighbors and guests to see. An excellent opportunity to showcase Maules, aviation in general, and the aviators themselves. Had heard about the event last year, and was pleased to volunteer for the breakfast crew. Perfect weather! Thanks Ron for a great morning.

Pics and video on Bruce Tompkins Facebook, unsure how to load pics here.
SN 8020C, The first M6-180 land plane.

chazdevil
100+ Posts

Post by chazdevil »

Sounds like a good time.
Maybe a post with a bit of lead time next year if hosts would like more guests.
I’d love to go. Have a bunch of fun memories of the Flying M ranch down there.
Chaz
79 M5 235Turbo

Flybrian1950
100+ Posts

Cline Hill Ranch Fly-in Breakfast

Post by Flybrian1950 »

This gathering was organized by another Maule pilot and his flying friends. I will let him know others are interested in an invite next year, and we'll see what happens.
I know at least one other attendee is active on this site.
SN 8020C, The first M6-180 land plane.

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

I lived in the northwest 30 years ago and lived visiting the Flying M back then. Now that I'm back in the area, opportunity to visit nearby airports with other Maules is always appreciated. Let us know if this gets expanded next year.
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

1:1 Scale
100+ Posts

Re: Oregon Cline Hill Ranch fly-in breakfast Sat 9/1/18

Post by 1:1 Scale »

Flybrian1950 wrote:Great little STOL fly-in breakfast in the Oregon Coast Range, thanks to Ron Goulet of Toledo, and friends and Hosts Bruce and Karen Tompkins of Eddyville, Oregon.
7 planes total, 3 Maules, a 170B, a Highlander, a Super Cub, and another homebuilt I did not recognize. The one way in and back out approach to the pasture was a challenge for the pilots, and a delight for the neighbors and guests to see. An excellent opportunity to showcase Maules, aviation in general, and the aviators themselves. Had heard about the event last year, and was pleased to volunteer for the breakfast crew. Perfect weather! Thanks Ron for a great morning.

Pics and video on Bruce Tompkins Facebook, unsure how to load pics here.
Was that your M6 I spotted on the ramp at 6K5 Saturday afternoon? If that was the same homebuyer parked next to you, I THINK it is a BD-4?