2018 EAA Ski Plane Fly In

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
Chris in Milwaukee
100+ Posts

2018 EAA Ski Plane Fly In

Post by Chris in Milwaukee »

Loads of fun on the snow at Pioneer Airport. My first time flying in after having driven in for a number of years.

I hooked the GoPro up and gave it a go. Amateur approach to video production, but I got ‘er done :)

https://vimeo.com/255215981
Christopher Owens
1993 MX-7-180A
Members: AOPA EAA VAA

gdflys
100+ Posts

Post by gdflys »

How are frozen cheese curds? I've never tried them. You guys have all the fun out there.
Greg Delp
1979 M-5-235C
CT
ATP, CFI, A&P/IA

Chris in Milwaukee
100+ Posts

I tend to eat them at room temperature or deep fried :)
Christopher Owens
1993 MX-7-180A

AndrewK
100+ Posts

Post by AndrewK »

Looks like fun but cold, brrr.

My wife is off to Madison for work tomorrow and she did not enjoy your video as much as I did because she doesn't care for all that white stuff y'all have on the ground up there. :D

Chris in Milwaukee
100+ Posts

It is hovering around 0F this morning. I hope she packs warm stuff!
Christopher Owens
1993 MX-7-180A

JDW

Post by JDW »

Nice video Chris. Just curious is your cowl flap moving or is that the shadow from the prop? Made me look at some of my old videos to see if mine moves like that? Have seen the underside of my cowl flap has paint wore off of it but now I'm curious if mine is doing the same thing to wear that paint off?

Stinger
100+ Posts

Post by Stinger »

JDW wrote:Nice video Chris. Just curious is your cowl flap moving or is that the shadow from the prop? Made me look at some of my old videos to see if mine moves like that? Have seen the underside of my cowl flap has paint wore off of it but now I'm curious if mine is doing the same thing to wear that paint off?
Looks like just the camera's rolling shutter effect with the prop that makes it looks like the hatch is moving.

Chris in Milwaukee
100+ Posts

It is a little loose, but I never noticed it flapping with the naked eye. I agree, I think the camera shutter is accentuating the movement.

Thanks for the kind words. First video attempt. Going to have to refine my style. Was in a hurry to get this one posted.
Christopher Owens
1993 MX-7-180A

Tater023

Post by Tater023 »

Very nice work on the vid Chris. I saw some highlights on a youtube vid. Not sure if this link will work, if not, you can simply type in eaa ski plane fly-in 2018 and it should come up on Airshowstuff vid page:

https://youtu.be/Eb6ra-0uPgM

At about 4:17 looks like a bit of a dicey situation when it appears one plane high and one coming in low do not see each other until the last moment.

EAA’s website also had several pics and I think they have you comming in or taking off. Looked like a great day to be out and about!

Bill